No announcement yet.

Taking the 70-291 Monday

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking the 70-291 Monday

Hey all! I'm new to the forums and am making my way here first.

I'm taking my 70-291 monday (Network Infrastructure) and am fairly confident about it. My question is regarding how fair people that have taken this exam would judge it. I know that its a pretty subjective question but I still want input. I have heard rumors that there is an 80% fail rate for this exam for first timers. I have RRAS and DNS down solid, though IPSEC seems like my only weak subject. I am studying it now but I haven't implemented it real world as of yet so troubleshooting it is foreign territory.

Anyhow just waiting to hear from others

Re: Taking the 70-291 Monday

I've got the same exam on the 10th - Let me know how you get on.

Do you know if there are questions on VSLM and CIDR - The official M$ press books dont go into too much depth on these so I am a bit unsure

Good Luck

P.s. If you booked in through pearson VUE make sure you register for the free 2nd shot

Michael Armstrong
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

I haven't sat this exam but if its anything like 70-216, which i would imagine it was then it'll be a beasty.

I failed 216 twice and passed on the third attempt after studying fo the one exam for over year.

Anyway good luck and keep us informed of your result.

Thanks ya'll- I will let you know how it goes and what to expect. I was told by a fellow co-worker that his experience was that the test was roughly 50% Dns related, the rest being RRAS, Security, and suprisingly they bring back some SUS questions from the 70-290. As far as VLSM (I think that's what you meant) and CIDR, I suspect that if there are questions regarding subnetting and / or supernetting they will be simply referring a scenario such as "maximum of X number of hosts needed on subnet A, maximum of X number of hosts needed on subnet B- Which DHCP scopes should be used to meet the needs." Then you would get a multiple selection of 5 or 6 check boxes with varying network ID's and masks.

Regardless if I spend too much time trying to figure out what to expect and I will go crazy. I'm going to spend this weekend recovering my bases and getting and all around understanding of the material.

Thanks for the comments!