Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft shifting provider from Prometric to Pearson VUE

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/09...fun_new_exams/

Change happens this week, Prometric vouchers must be used by the end of the year.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Re: Microsoft shifting provider from Prometric to Pearson VUE

Doesn't seem that long ago they STOPPED using Pearson....

Ho hum, another set of test centres to find....
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Guess that means the exams are getting a price rise. Click image for larger version

Name:	shithappens.gif
Views:	6
Size:	760 Bytes
ID:	466865
      Last edited by biggles77; 2nd September 2014, 14:57.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
        Guess that means the exams are getting a price rise. [ATTACH]6086[/ATTACH]
        According to the FAQ the prices are staying the same, which is 99 here in the UK. It's not a huge issue for me, all the Prometric sites I have used are also Pearson VUE sites. More of an issue for Tom I would think, as Stirling is the furthest North site in Scotland at the moment.
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

oh shit!!

i just now recognized the name Pearson... SMH.

i hate this company. not only are they lethargic, they have the worst tech support ever.

Pearson is the company that held the license for all the FCAT testing in the state of Florida. prior to my position as a software support engineer and system admin, i was doing contract work as an onsite tech for charter skools in Duval county that ran the Pearson software to accommodate their required testing.

they would continually have servers down and i had to reschedule hundreds of students to retest because of their failures.

they had an impossible time with student account and i had students that had their test results invalidated due to them sending the answer files to the wrong student profiles... i mean, quite literally, some children could not graduate their grade because Pearson had lost their test files and could not sort them out, and never said anything till 1 week before summer.

they also dont even know the limitation of their software. the capitalization of the test file name cause the program to not read the file at all.. thing is, the letters were capitalized from the pearson download itself, and none of the techs could figure it out. the only reason i did is because i copied the files thru a linux box and it did not capitalize the copy, and VIOLA! it worked. i let them know and they said i wasnt correct, but magically overnight all the files were lower case and nobody would admit anything...

yeah, i didnt care at first, but now im totally upset by this move.

there was a reason that pearson lost the FCAT contract in Florida. apparently Micro$oft didnt get that memo.

SIGH...
          its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
          Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Working...
          X