upgrade mcsa 2003 to mcitp 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrade mcsa 2003 to mcitp 2008

ok so i thought i studied well for the 70-648 exam and i crashed and burned. The Ca questions got me. If i bought the e-leaning course and books from MS on 70-648 do you think if i keep studying those i will be able to pass the 70-640 and 70-642 exams? Thanks for the help

Re: upgrade mcsa 2003 to mcitp 2008

Have you done the labs in the books? (I haven't read the books so I don't know if there's labs or not)

If not then you should... also, go through the topics and try and configure/use/design what they're teaching. You'll run into issues because it usually doesn't fully cover every little detail. Troubleshooting and researching those issues will put you over the top and help prepare you well for the exams.

Also, if you're not dealing with the technology day to day then pay more attention to those topics and try and dive deeper on those.
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

I have always said you need three things to pass MS exams:

Knowledge (book learning)
      Exam practice
      Practical experience

I suspect you are missing one, at least, of them and, like a 3-legged stool if one leg is missing or short, it will fall over
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Make sure, if you buy the books, that they are updated for Server 2008 R2. I passed 70-648 just before it expired (only just, scored ~750) and most of the questions I got were R2 specific.
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

yeah most of what i got was Certificate Authority questions and Routing and Remote Access both of which i use other devices than a MS product. Your right i also tried to hurry it since the exam was about to expire and could have spent more time studying. Any thoughts on continuing to use the elearning i bought for MS on the 70-648 for the two 640/642 test?

Comment

In some ways you may find it easier doing the full exams rather than the upgrades. From what I understand the upgrade exams focus almost entirely on the changes from the previous version, rather than teaching it to a new user. Given that you don't use some of the features (and so don't have experience with them) it might be easier this way. Doing the labs will be crucial in these circumstances.
            BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
            sigpic
            Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
            X