No announcement yet.

Certification advice (was: First time user to this forum !)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certification advice (was: First time user to this forum !)

Hello everyone,
    I am a new user to this forum and am looking forward to enhance my IT skills and learning from lot of experienced IT folks here. I am in the initial process of taking some classes for Win 2008 Server and MS exchange 2010 and my goal is to be MCITP before November 2011. Any suggestions/advice will be much appreciated.

Last edited by hrgroup; 23rd July 2011, 00:48.

Re: First time user to this forum !

Moved to certification forum, but not really sure what suggestions / advice you want.

IMHO success in certification comes from:
    Training -- classroom, book or video
    Practice exam style questions using official sources of materials (not dumps)
    Experience (real world or lab, but lots of hands on)

And the greatest of these is Experience...
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Certification advice (was: First time user to this forum !)

i would suggest that just doing the courses, isn't really enough to "teach" you.
      sure - doing the course will let you pass the exam, and get the peice of paper (in some circumstances)

but in others, it won't, because the exams will have all sorts of things in there that you'd find in the real world, but haven't covered in the exams.

Also, do you just want the certificate, or do you want the knowledge ?
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point