Practice tests

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practice tests

Could anyone recommend the practice tests that will help me the best with 70-640 (6425B and 6426B).

In conjunction with the rules of the forum, please make sure any responses are within the guidelines of not posting "braindumps".

In other words, I want to pass the exam, but also have a good knowlege of the material.

Thanks!

Re: Practice tests

Keep in mind that the Microsoft web page for that exam lists the areas that are examined, so you know what to brush up on.

Given what some of the various training / "training" materials out there cost compared to the price of a Microsoft exam though, my suggestion would be to get reasonably confident in the relevant skills and then just go for the exam, knowing that you can retake it if necessary.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
      Keep in mind that the Microsoft web page for that exam lists the areas that are examined, so you know what to brush up on.

Given what some of the various training / "training" materials out there cost compared to the price of a Microsoft exam though, my suggestion would be to get reasonably confident in the relevant skills and then just go for the exam, knowing that you can retake it if necessary.
      Ok, I have just heard horror stories of people who have studied the material, practiced labs, have experience and still failed.

There is a common belief (from those I talk to) is that Microsoft intentionally keeps a 70% failure rate so they can keep the value of the certification higher.

Anyway, I guess I'll read the book(s) again, including labs and then go for it.

Comment

You are confusing the 700 mark (roughly 70%) pass rate

IMHO, to pass the exams, you need 3 things
        Learning -- classes, video training, books, whatever
        Exam practice -- transcender or self test software are (IMHO) the best
        Experience

Miss any one out and it WILL be difficult
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by chakotay2 View Post
          Ok, I have just heard horror stories of people who have studied the material, practiced labs, have experience and still failed.

There is a common belief (from those I talk to) is that Microsoft intentionally keeps a 70% failure rate so they can keep the value of the certification higher.

Anyway, I guess I'll read the book(s) again, including labs and then go for it.
          There is no magical recipe other than knowing the subject matter. Prepare prepare prepare. Ensure your not just reading text books but are doing the practical aspect in labs or may be in a professional environment. The more experience you have the easier it becomes.

Comment

We tend to use the MS Press books in the office, which come with MeasureUp practice tests on the accompanying CD. Be warned though, the books are of variable quality dependant on author(s).
            BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
            sigpic
            Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Thank you to all who replied, very valid advice. I'm setting up some VM's and going to read both books I have (MS courseware from the live class, MS Self Paced, Labs), practice test and then give it a shot.

Comment

MS courseware from the live class?
                Someone needs to read the MCT license agreement a bit more fully
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
                  MS courseware from the live class?
                  Someone needs to read the MCT license agreement a bit more fully
                  Not sure what you mean. I have the printed books (3 of them 6425B 1&2, and 6426B) from the class. They are mine. They even give a pdf version of them. I have a 180 day trial of Microsoft Server from the Self Paced Exams books I purchased (from Barns & Noble).

Comment

OK, I thought you meant the VMs used to deliver the labs, which are definitely NOT to be given out. Does the PDF by any chance have "MCT Use Only" down the side of each page?
                    Tom Jones
                    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                    IT Trainer / Consultant
                    Ossian Ltd
                    Scotland

Comment

You are confusing the 700 mark (roughly 70%) pass rate

IMHO, to pass the exams, you need 3 things
                      Learning -- classes, video training, books, whatever
                      Exam practice -- transcender or self test software are (IMHO) the best
                      Experience

Miss any one out and it WILL be difficult
                      Err, you forgot the FORTH thing needed; a pass mark!
                      1 1 was a racehorse.
                      2 2 was 1 2.
                      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

OK, I thought you meant the VMs used to deliver the labs, which are definitely NOT to be given out. Does the PDF by any chance have "MCT Use Only" down the side of each page?
                        No.

In fact if you take a Microsoft Course right now, all they give you is a PDF - as part of their green initiative.

I am just trying to find help, I'm not asking for, nor do I want to cheat. I want to know the material, but also pass the test.

Comment

Definitely not accusing you of anything -- just things obviously work differently wherever you are -- I have to use paper materials (costing direct to Microsoft) and the PDFs are all "trainer use only" in case someone sets up unofficial courses

Good luck!
                          Tom Jones
                          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                          IT Trainer / Consultant
                          Ossian Ltd
                          Scotland

Comment

Working...
                          X