70-270
    70-290
    70-291

i need to do one more exam to get mcsa and then i can upgrade to mcitp

which elective exam is recomended ??

i Debating between sql 2008 and exchange 2007
    tnx

Re: dillema about mcsa

because it's an elective, I think it comes down to a personal choice, based on:

Which is of more interest to you, or which do you think you're better at

Of course, there's also the "which is more useful to my career" and "which is more beneficial to my employer"

Personally, if it was me in your position, I'd do the Exchange course, because I'm much more interested in exchange, (as I think it's one of the most core, essential parts of an enterprise network) and I know i'm not real good at SQL

However, if your career plans included wanting to go into say, software development, or something, I'd do the SQL course.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Concur -- Exchange is good, although I would jump straight to 2010 if it is offered as a valid elective
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

and the other way to look at it is, are you working in a fairly all-rounder type role? (like a helpdesk, or a sole IT guy at a company?)

If so, you may benefit from doing the MCDST - Windows XP or Windwos 7 Desktop Support technician.

MCDST:XP is definitely an elective for MCSA. You might also find that Network+ or A+ are valid electives..
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

exchange 2010 is not in the list of msca cert.
          and yes i am IT guy at some company for 3.5 years

the problem with mcdst that its retired at 31 juny and i afraid that im not gonna make it until then.
          its two exams to take 70-271 and 70-272.

Comment

Two dead easy exams -- if you have passed 70-270 recently, they will be a doddle
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

anyone know how long there is before 70-291 cant be taken anymore?
              i need to do that and ill be mcsa+messaging, and i heard that im running out of time too.
              Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
              I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
              MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Look at the Microsoft webpage for that exam. If a withdrawl date has been set, it'll be listed there.
                Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

I would consider doing 70-680 (Windows 7) as an elective, given that it's also required for MCITP: EA, although it depends on what MCITP cert you plan on going for. I'd go with Exchange if 2010 was an option, can't really see the point of doing an exam for an old version of Exchange.

Re: 291, AFAIK the core MCSE exams will not be retired, as the MCSE itself will not be retired.
                  BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
                  sigpic
                  Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
                  X