Passed 70-270, now an MCP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passed 70-270, now an MCP

Been putting it off for a couple of years due to lack of funds and free time.

And it's a nice afternoon to spend in the garden
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Re: Passed 70-270, now an MCP

Congratulations
    Whats next (now you've caught the exam bug)?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Ta.

Iunno... what's the fastest way to get a longer signature than you?

Working towards MCITP:SA on Windows Server I think. I know I'll have to do another Windows client exam which is fine, todays was really just because I'm far more likely to pass the XP exam than Vista or 7 and passing this one gets me the MCP which will help in the next round of redundancies (in a month or 2). When our HR department score employees they look at qualifications, then years of service and then actual experience is used more as a tie breaker.

I'll definately be sticking with Microsoft certs for the time being since (to me) they're the most cost effective. Cisco is attractive but very expensive. I do want to do the other half of C&G 2377 when I can though.
      Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Congrats matey... How much study time and effort did you put in? I keep starting but never finishing - currently have 2 mcp's.

Comment

Nice one.
          BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
          sigpic
          Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Thanks guys

Study time... pretty much none. I spent a couple of hours in the evenings this week brushing up on a few rusty areas, but other than that I've not studied specifically for this exam, I've just worked with the relevant technologies for the last few years
            Gareth Howells

Comment

nice work mate
              Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Thanks. Annoyance the first - the Certification Planner doesn't seem to work in Firefox.
                Gareth Howells

Comment

no you have to use IE :/
                  bit dodge
                  Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Doesn't actually work particularly well in IE either
                    Gareth Howells

Comment

The whole MCP member site is supposedly currently being redeveloped. Worked OK for me in IE8, haven't tried it since IE9 came out. Firefox has never worked well on any MS member site IME.
                      sigpic
                      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

I remember when they redeveloped eOpen and fundamentally broke it in non-IE browsers.

Technet still works in Firefox for subscriber downloads, that'll be next on the list.
                        Gareth Howells

Comment

Surely that should read as:-

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
                          I remember when they redeveloped eOpen and fundamentally broke it.
                          sigpic
                          Cruachan's Blog

Comment

This is true.

I still find it mildly amusing that Microsoft run Macs and Linux/Unix internally.

That said, I found it hilarious when a friend once proclaimed that Hotmail ran on Exchange...
                            Gareth Howells

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
                              Thanks. Annoyance the first - the Certification Planner doesn't seem to work in Firefox.
                              Have you installed the IE Add-on?
                              1 1 was a racehorse.
                              2 2 was 1 2.
                              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                              X