I want this framed cert :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want this framed cert :)

Well... Although I am administering Windows networks for quite a while, I have never bothered to take the MCSE exams and get the cert.

Currently I am reconsidering my approach and thinking of getting this damn paper.
    I do know the stuff. I have installed/deployed/wrecked/patched/tuned/configured MS boxes and domains for years. All I want is some pointers on how to pass the exams as fast as possible.
    My impression is that some of the exams questions sometimes have nothing to do with real life. Those are the ones I would like to focus on.
    I am targeting MCSE2003.

Any help is appreciated.
    Guy Teverovsky
    "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Since I personally know your level of knowledge I won't suspect you as trying to become a paper MCSE, so in your case I'd recommend reading some good books along with some serious test preparation. You do know the stuff, all you need to do is to drill down to the little details MS want to talk about, and reading books while doing th latest exam preparation software or PDF files will be enough for someone like yourself.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Yes, the certificate does look rather nice...

Hi Antidot,

I would recommend a subscription to Transcender and lots of intensive exam practice. You clearly know what you are doing but just need to get into the Microsoft way of doing things.

You are right, some questions do not appear to be in the "real" world, particularly the design case studies

"You are administering a network of 20,000 PCs, 5000 in New York, 3000 in central Antartica, connected by carrier pigeons...."

You might want to think about a boot camp to 'kick start' your revision -- I did that for my MCSA (3-4 years previous experience, but little self confidence in how I would do in the exams) but by the time it got to the MCSE upgrade I felt I knew the ropes and the boot camp (pre booked) was not worth the serious it cost me.

Good luck!

Tom
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

As a source for cheap questions I suggest Braindumps. I know they are hated, loathed and disliked by many because of the "source" of the questions and are considered by many to be cheating. However, I have found that many, many, many of the answers are wrong. Soooo, you need to carefully check each question yourself to make sure the answer is correct. Transcender are good and when I did the old NT exams it was just like sitting in front of the Transcender interface. (But that said, Transcender are bullies. I was one who sent an email when Daniel had been bullied bt them).
        I found BDs worthwhile as it forced the research to find the correct answer.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

You are right, some questions do not appear to be in the "real" world, particularly the design case studies

"You are administering a network of 20,000 PCs, 5000 in New York, 3000 in central Antartica, connected by carrier pigeons...."

RFC1149 (Standard for the transmission of IP datagrams on avian carriers)
          has been outdated by
          RFC2549 (IP over avian carriers with QoS)
          Hmm... Actually those are the one I am more comfortable with . I am currently involved in a design of world-wide infrastucture (W2K3).
          I have more chances hitting the wrong answer at XP questions

Well... MCSE 2003, here we go...
          Guy Teverovsky
          "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Well

Hi All,

I'm going to do my MCSE 2003 also, and i saw that STS (www.selftestsoftware.com) has a bundles of 250$ for the mcse2003 test+ -> http://www.selftestsoftware.com/p/fe...eneric_nmr.asp .

What do you say ?
            Do i need to read the moc 2003 only , or buy this pack and finish the tests ?
            Also, what about boson ? any good exams from there ?

Comment

Working...
            X