70-290 Simulation scoring

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70-290 Simulation scoring

How are the simulation portions of the exams scored? Do they score based upon completion or is it based upon mouse clicks, etc.

Thought I did very well but only scored a 612. I can only think that the simulator questions I scored lower on because I maybe click a few places I shouldn't have even though I feel I did do the objective correctly.

The print out at the end showed a full bar for one of the objectives of the test and the others were 3/4 and two being mid points.

Re: 70-290 Simulation scoring

well,
    you're score is based on you're correct answers.
    if you don't answer a question, its a wrong answer.
    it has nothing to do with mouse clicks.
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

OK so as long as the end result is the correct answer, how you go there is not counted. Also, are the points the same as a regular question or are they weighted differently?

Just trying to figure out how I scored what I did. The printed bar graph after the test helps but not much.

TIA.

Comment

as far as i know, questions hasn't a different weight.
        how you get to you're answer isn't important, as long you choose the right answer finally.
        Marcel
        Technical Consultant
        Netherlands
        http://www.phetios.com
        http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
        "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
        "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Hi, I'm newbie here (but old in computers ). My question is exactly as topic name but for 70-291. I decided to start certs, passed quickly 70-270, 79-290, MCDST, and now cannot pass 70-291 twice with exactly same scores that not enough (and same graphs). I see no problem with questions, they not so difficult, but I suppose that I fails in simulations. It looks as all my simulations not scored at all. Really don't understand what's wrong, probably I do something not right just technically? Is it important what's way I select when possible more than one? Is it critical to do all steps without corrections by way? Is time scored in this questions? Is whole question not scored if one of requested tasks in simulation not completed? Too many questions for first time . Somebody knows?
          Last edited by doc; 24th October 2005, 00:33.

Comment

From this board and several others I post on tell me that the sims are scored based upon completion. No time constraints other then the normal test time, no scoring based upon how you achieved your anser, just that you performed the required task and did it correctly.

So if you did your sims and achieved the correct answer, then you did it right.

Comment

Originally posted by ps0303
              How are the simulation portions of the exams scored? Do they score based upon completion or is it based upon mouse clicks, etc.

Thought I did very well but only scored a 612. I can only think that the simulator questions I scored lower on because I maybe click a few places I shouldn't have even though I feel I did do the objective correctly.

The print out at the end showed a full bar for one of the objectives of the test and the others were 3/4 and two being mid points.
              The same situation.

Comment

Working...
              X