Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 070-642

Evening all,

took this exam today 2008 Network Infrastructure...

MY GOD, this was without doubt the hardest exam ive ever done, now considering im mcse 2000,2003, mcitp ex 2k7 and 2k10, vmware balh blah this was ridiculous.

The exam had nothing to do with anything in real life, none of the study material.
    Was all servercore questions, a sprinkling od the usual wingtip toys with 342342342 DC`s over 45k sites using unix bind DNS - I think the exams have updated to R2..

anyone took this recently? what you think?
    Allen White
    MCSE,MCSA,MCITP,MCTS,CCA,CCSP,VCP

Re: 070-642

How did you get on?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

40 questions 90 minutes,passing score 700 ...my score...700. Doesnt get closer than that.
      Allen White
      MCSE,MCSA,MCITP,MCTS,CCA,CCSP,VCP

Comment

Congratulations
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Way to go.
          "To err is human but to really **** things up requires a computer user..."

"The path to enlightenment is /user/bin/enlightenment"

A+ CE

Comment

congrats, i just did this today and got the same score. a lot more R2 questions than i was expecting!

Comment

Well done
              Good to have a binary solution set!
              Tom Jones
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

Comment

How often does integrating Windows DNS with BIND happen? With as much as you get drilled on it in the training material you'd think it was in every mom and pop shop that you walked into. Silliness.

Great job Allen!
                Wesley David
                LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
                -------------------------------
                Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
                Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
                Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
                Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Obviously I have just read this thread, so well done. I was always told a miss is as good as a mile but a win is as good as a feast. I hope you ate well. Click image for larger version

Name:	groupwave.gif
Views:	7
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	464649
                  1 1 was a racehorse.
                  2 2 was 1 2.
                  1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                  2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                  X