70-689 & MCSA Windows 8.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70-689 & MCSA Windows 8.1

Well, its been a LONG time since I took a certification exam and one heck of a lot of changes....
    I know Win8 is effectively dead, but I sometimes have to teach it, so thought I should work on the certification. Since the MCSA is retiring next month, and I had some spare time, I thought I should get back into the certification groove

One exam, 50 questions in 150 minutes divided into 2 equal sections (configuring and supporting) - both need to be passed to get the overall result

Revision mainly the 20689 course materials, plus general knowledge from delivering courses over the last few years. Didn't get a practice exam which is probably a bad move.

Exam changes - all gone HTML5 so a new UI which I found difficult to read with a lot more scrolling than previously. Also changes in types of questions with drop down lists added to the multiple choice and drag/drop choices. Then an "interesting" section where there were 4 slightly different questions sharing the same (large) set of answers.

I found there was quite a bit that wasn't covered in the 20689 course, particularly in the "Supporting" section, so a certain amount of "oh shit, what's coming up next"

Oh yes, the result..... Well, I got 945 for the configuring section and, skin of my teeth, 700 for the supporting. Bloody glad to have got through it, and mixed feelings about my next planned exam, the Server 2012 upgrade in 3 sections
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Congrats!

Been a while for me too, the 2012 MCSA Upgrade was my last one in fact. Don't remember it being too bad, lots of questions about DirectAccess and IPAM as I recall. SCCM exam is next on my list.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Hope you had a wee dram or 5 when you got home Tom. Click image for larger version

Name:	drunk1.gif
Views:	6
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	506316
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Or 10....
        Main message was how out of practice I am!
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X