Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 Exam 70 - 680

Hi There,

I am new to this forum so forgive me if I am posting in the wrong location. Two weeks ago I bought some Removed material to help me prepare for the Windows 7 70 - 680 exam. I now know all the material inside out (Sample Questions, notes). Should this be sufficient for me to now sit the exam or should I be looking at other material??

This is my 1st Microsoft Exam to sit so I want to make sure that I pass it!

Any help greatly appreciated....

Hoogeebear.
    Last edited by m80arm; 23rd August 2010, 12:06.

Re: Windows 7 Exam 70 - 680

I'm flagging this thread for moving to the MS Certification forum, but will answer your questions anyway:

We do not recommend people sit exams until they have experience as well as knowledge. Certainly just memorising questions and answers is NOT a good way to gain certifications as it does not give you any references to the real world.

The product you mention is of dubious legality (see the sticky thread in the MS certification forum about braindumps) and again does not help you. If you memorise answers, how do you know they are right, or that the questions are relevant?

IMHO you should begin by checking the official requirements and especially the recommended pre-requisites:
    Candidates should have at least one year of experience in the IT field, as well as experience implementing and administering any Windows client operating system in a networked environment.
    Candidates should be able to install, deploy, and upgrade to Windows 7, including ensuring hardware and software compatibility. Additionally, candidates should be able to configure pre-installation and post-installation system settings, Windows security features, network connectivity applications included with Windows 7, and mobile computing. Candidates should also be able to maintain systems, including monitoring for and resolving performance and reliability issues. Candidates should have a basic understanding of Windows PowerShell syntax.
    If you do not have that, or similar experience, it would (again IMHO) be better to gain it before attempting the exam. Attending some of the official training courses and/or self study using books or videos is an option but again any good trainer will emphasise the value of experience.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

OMG I didn't know **** was illegal.... I am going to buy the study guide book and see how that goes. Thanks for your response....
      Last edited by Wired; 24th August 2010, 15:50. Reason: removed name

Comment

If we removed the name of the brain dump the first time, it's probably not a good idea to name it a 2nd time, k?
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

LOL!.....I do like the posts that make me smile
          Mark Couch
          A+, MCTS, MCITP(SA, EDA7)
          South Wales, UK.

Comment

You know, our Mr bear had not named the product in post #3 originally, then obviously edited his post to include the name. We call that spamming, and it WILL result in a permanent ban the next time it is mentioned!
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

Working...
            X