Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motivation after an exam failure

Hi guys,

I;ve just failed one of my Microsoft certs and am struggling to get motivated to start studying again and put in some hard graft. I was wondering how do you guys get over an exam failure and motivate yourselves to start revising for a re-take?

Thanks,

Andrew

When I've failed exams I would get myself a treat and take a day or two before getting back into things. Then I would drill down on the problem areas pointed out from the report.
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Similar - its "just" an exam - not earth shattering....
      I would also, as soon as possible after the exam, jot down a list of questions (not that the next one may be the same!)
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks guys

When I came out of the exam I jotted a few things down that I thought I struggled on, as well as looking at the exam report they give you - It seems like one of the objectives in particular. Luckily I've managed to rebook it with a free second shot so at least I'll not have to fork out another 99 for the next one.

Comment

I'd take a break for a while and drink a lot of beer.
          Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
          I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
          MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Firstly, you DIDN'T fail; you just didn't pass. The only way you can fail is to not do it in the first place. Look at the areas you were weak in and do some practice and study. The good thing is you should look for Second Shot so it doesn't cost you anything. FREE is always good.
            Departed: 23rd December 2015

Comment

We've all done it at some point, anyone else remember 70-216 from the 200 series of exams? I failed that twice in succession.

Take a few days off and t​hen move on and smash it next time.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I've just rebooked it with second shot so going to sit down tonight and analyse all of the exam objectives and the points they print out for you after the exam. It's the first one I've failed so it put me in a bit of a downer...

Comment

Correction, it is the first one you haven't PASSED! Please be sure to let us know how you get on. As a matter of interest, what was the Cert number that you didn't pass?

Comment

It was the 70-688 exam - Got a score of 593 so need to read back through the book I got!

Comment

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know that I passed the exam on the second shot! Thanks for all your advice and support

Comment

Congratulations
                        What's next?
                        Tom Jones
                        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                        IT Trainer / Consultant
                        Ossian Ltd
                        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

WELL DONE toddy!!! Thanks also for posting back and letting us know. How did you find the exam second time round?

Comment

Congrats!
                            Regards,
                            Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
                            Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
                            www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

See nice and easy when you know what to expect, and free

Well done.

Comment

Working...
                              X