Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCTS 70-640 Resources

Hi Experts,

It maybe too late or old school for me to ask, but i have just failed my first attempt in MCTS 640 - i have a second shot though i need to take more reviews and well prepared this time around. I have checked some Microsoft Virtual Labs and training but seems no longer available for 2008 R2. I dont wanna sort out with pass for sure or any equivalent options. I want to be honest to myself and prove that i can do it in a right way. Its my first step to my MCSA 2008 plan. is it still worth taking? or ill go for 2012?

All feedback and recommendations would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Although it is a few years old, there is a heck of a lot of Win7 / Server2008R2 infrastructure out there. so IMHO it has value.
    How badly did you fail - if a "near miss" then maybe Self Test / Transcender type questions to learn the "Microsoft" way (not always the real world way!) and retry

Alternatively I have had good results with the Que "Exam Cram" books - if they still exist - supplementing the MS Press book for the exam. However, practical experience beats (IMHO) all of the above
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks Ossian, appreciate your feedback.

Comment

Hi All,

I am very glad to inform you that i have already passed my MCTS 640...Thanks for the usual support...

Comment

Congratulations gLennOn8. Click image for larger version

Name:	Beer-bar.gif
Views:	12
Size:	242.1 KB
ID:	490698
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Congratulations
            Care to tell us a bit about the exam? (length, questions, any surprises....) This will help anyone else preparing for it
            [Note no actual questions or anything in breach of the NDA]
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
            X