• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginner in IT field.

I have started enjoying learning and testing. I am already in job and
    have very little time for myself. I can spare two hours daily for
    preparation. For which certification should I go now? Please suggest
    some resource too. OCP, SCJP, MCSE, CIW, compTIA etc are here but which is recognizable in market. I looked transcender and ucertify, i heard their name most. ucertify is offering 70% discount on some of its product, no such offer in transcender. I've no idea of both vendors. Guide me which certification will help me more.

Re: Beginner in IT field.

I believe you have asked a question that is extremely difficult to answer. You have to decide on a path to take and then go after the appropriate qualifications. For example if you want to special in Linux there would be no point in chasing a Microsoft qualification (at least to start with). Maybe you need to gain a general knowledge of many differnet paths and then choose the one that appeals the most or might have the greatest potential for growth. Personally I wish I had jumped into Linux 3 or 4 years ago and followed the RHCE path.
    Possible paths to look at:
    or a combination of the above.

Obviously the above is my personal opinion and is not the only answer. However a broad understanding of the above will help in deciding in which direction you want to proceed.

A training option to look at is TrainSignal .
    I have purchased some of their Labs and find them an excellent way to study. I sit in a large recliner chair with my laptop, run through the Labs and remote desktop into my test server and duplicate the Lab's tutorials. This works well for me (old people like to learn in a siting/sprawled position).

Whatever you choose to do, it is really a good idea to setup a network at home, break it, fix it, break it and repeat the process many times. You cannot buy experience.
    Departed: 23rd December 2015