More letters...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More letters...

So I decided yesterday, on the spur of the minute, (and a reminder that my second shot voucher was running out) to go and sit for 70-646:Windows Server 2008 IT Pro - Server Administrator.

Pleasingly, I passed it this morning. So now I need to work out how to present all the letters after my name in an appropriate order :P

I was actually kind of surprised, as I figured I'd fail, but at least it would give me areas on which I need to improve. IT's even more surprising because I haven't really been in front of a server OS for over 3 months now, and Petri is the only study or training I've been doing.. so.. yea, I'm pleased

Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Re: More letters...

Congratulations
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Good job Andy, well done. As to the Order of the Letters, I hope you don't have any french ones in their.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Nice one mate.

I'd love to get some studying done myself, I've got 70-298 and 70-680 both booked and haven't picked a book up in weeks. Doing an SBS migration this week as well.
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

All you need for a migration is Red Bull and the local curry house on speed dial. Oh, and the boss' credit card number to give them.

Well done on the letters
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

thanks folks..

Kind Regards,

Andy
            AACCCCDHIIILMMMMPPSS
            Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

You've got the M, but where's the ZO, and the GWTFBBQ?
              Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

hahahha :P

I'll have to see if I can find certs with those letters, then go get it :P

Comment

Good job! Congrats!

Do you have an upgrade planned to MCITPEA? (Loads of letters... )

(Hoping to become a MCITPEST next monday myself and than work towards MCITPEA)
                  MCITP:EST | MCTS | MCSE 2k3 | MCSA 2k3 | MCP
                  A+ Core | ITIL-F

Comment

Congrats and well done!

Comment

Sweet! Keep pounding out the certs. And keep searching for the dream job. It's out there! =)
                      Wesley David
                      LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
                      -------------------------------
                      Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
                      Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
                      Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
                      Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
                        All you need for a migration is Red Bull and the local curry house on speed dial. Oh, and the boss' credit card number to give them.
                        Don't get me started. Like so many SBS installations we've "inherited" this one had multiple issues needing put right before beginning. My favourite of which was the choice of a public routable IP range internally which was (allegedly) chosen because it spelt rude words when upside down on a calculator.

Got it finished this afternoon, so back on topic before Biggles gets upset, I did get an hours studying done this afternoon.
                        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
                        sigpic
                        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by cruachan View Post
                          My favourite of which was the choice of a public routable IP range internally which was (allegedly) chosen because it spelt rude words when upside down on a calculator.
                          Dude... I am so moving our systems to a new IP range this weekend

Oh, and I also studied today for about 6 hours, and in a couple of months will hopefully have some letters after my name too
                          Gareth Howells

Comment

Originally posted by Ciro View Post
                            Good job! Congrats!

Do you have an upgrade planned to MCITPEA? (Loads of letters... )

(Hoping to become a MCITPEST next monday myself and than work towards MCITPEA)
                            I am considering it - but I'm also trying to take a longer term view of what I'll need once I eventually go home, I'm not necessarily expecting to need all the high-end enterprise stuff, but who knows.

I'm considering exchange at the moment though.. then maybe Win7.
                            I dunno

Comment

Working...
                            X