70-647 fail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70-647 fail

I took the 647 today and I failed with a 676 . I felt the exams was not that difficult and I felt very confident I would not only pass but would pass would a pretty good score.Well I was wrong.I don't know how I failed there was a few things that I wasn't 100% sure on the answer but most of the questions I felt I knew pretty easy.I guess I have to hit the books again.I wish they were more clear on my weak points like instead of saying need development on designing core identity and access management components for example they would just say I need to improve on say DNS, RRAS, WSUS and IPSec.
    MCITP: EA

MCITP: SA

Re: 70-647 fail

This could be just me but I have noticed that when you are on an exam you enter into the "exam mode" and sometimes that affects the judgement.
    On the bright side though, you were very close and would breeze it on the next try. good luck and let us know how you get on.
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Originally posted by L4ndy View Post
      This could be just me but I have noticed that when you are on an exam you enter into the "exam mode" and sometimes that affects the judgement.
      On the bright side though, you were very close and would breeze it on the next try. good luck and let us know how you get on.
      Thanks, its just so discouraging that I have passed all the exams up to this point on the first try and then I fail this one. Its a good thing I signed up for the second chance lol.

Comment

Don't fret. Everyone fails a test here and there. One exam I failed two or three times. It was a bad time in my life.

Grab some Transcender exams. Those always helped me.
        Wesley David
        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
        -------------------------------
        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
        Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
        Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

No worries and try again.
          You now know what to expect during the exam.

I recently fail my Check Point upgrade exam so you are not the only one
          Marcel
          Technical Consultant
          Netherlands
          http://www.phetios.com
          http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
          "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
          "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

I'm always of the belief that failing makes you stronger.

I failed 216 twice before i passed it.

Comment

Thanks for all the encouragement guys I really appreciate it.

Comment

If it makes you feel any better, my first ever Microsoft exam took me 3 attempts to pass! Good luck the next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
                  If it makes you feel any better, my first ever Microsoft exam took me 3 attempts to pass! Good luck the next time.
                  I feel better knowing that even guys as skilled and intelligent as you all are have also felt the disappointment of failing a test.The Microsoft tests are no walk in the park they really push the microsoft way which can make some questions have more than one right answer.Anyway thanks for all the words of encouragement I hope I can join the ranks and earn my MCITP enterprise admin soon.

Comment

I would disagree with "make some questions have more than one right answer"
                    All MS questions have one and only one correct result -- if it appears there are more than on it normally means you have not read or understood the question properly.

btw, sorry you didnt quite get there this time, but you will have no problem with the next one -- just like riding a bicycle, get back up and on!
                    Tom Jones
                    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                    IT Trainer / Consultant
                    Ossian Ltd
                    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
                      I would disagree with "make some questions have more than one right answer"
                      All MS questions have one and only one correct result -- if it appears there are more than on it normally means you have not read or understood the question properly.
                      I would tend to agree that some questions seem to have more than one right answer. However, you quickly see the correct one when you ask yourself "What does Microsoft want me to do here?". Sure, you can do things in multiple different ways, and sometimes those different ways are preferable... but MSFT wants things done in a specific, best-practices, Microsoft-centric fashion that can only be ignored on penalty of upsetting the delicate balance of the universe. Oh, and you fail your tests too.
                      Last edited by Ossian; 14th June 2010, 17:40.
                      Wesley David
                      LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
                      -------------------------------
                      Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
                      Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
                      Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
                      Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Working...
                      X