No announcement yet.

Just booked - 70-680:Windows 7 Config?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just booked - 70-680:Windows 7 Config?

Has anyone done this one yet? Just thought i would get another newish exam out the way. Ill also be useing this towards my MCSE/MCSA side of things.

Any tips on material to use? Again, been useing Win7 in busines enviroments for a while now so pretty used to it.
    Shadow2k - MCP, MCSA, MCSA:Security, MCSE, MCSE:Security, MCTSx8, MCITP:SA, MCITP:EA, MCITP:EDA, MCITP:VA, MCITP:EDST

Re: Just booked - 70-680:Windows 7 Config?

I haven't done it just because I thought the Windows 7 MCITP required a certification from another vendor, but I just checked and that doesn't seem to be so. Not sure where that idea came from. Plus, I think I'm at the point in my career where desktop operating system certs don't really distinguish me. Maybe I'm wrong?

I took the Vista version and the MSPress book was okay. Dry, as usual, but it hit the necessary topics and even came with MeasureUp exams.
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Originally posted by Nonapeptide View Post
      I haven't done it just because I thought the Windows 7 MCITP required a certification from another vendor, but I just checked and that doesn't seem to be so. Not sure where that idea came from. Plus, I think I'm at the point in my career where desktop operating system certs don't really distinguish me. Maybe I'm wrong?

I took the Vista version and the MSPress book was okay. Dry, as usual, but it hit the necessary topics and even came with MeasureUp exams.
      Nonapetide - Intresting point about the OS exams, the only reason im getting this one out of the way is to just count towards the MCSA/MCSE, as its the easiest route i think to get it.

From there ill be mainly concentrating on exchange and Svr OS's, which is what my job pretty much is. Also need to finish me cisco certs (been working with cisco for over 5 yrs)
      Shadow2k - MCP, MCSA, MCSA:Security, MCSE, MCSE:Security, MCTSx8, MCITP:SA, MCITP:EA, MCITP:EDA, MCITP:VA, MCITP:EDST

Comment

We've just bought the MSPress book. Looks OK, won't be doing the exam for a while though, but need to do it for MCITP: EA.
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by cruachan View Post
          We've just bought the MSPress book. Looks OK, won't be doing the exam for a while though, but need to do it for MCITP: EA.
          Ive also got the same book now. So if its any good, ill pass the exam lol

Abit off topic as well - Any ideas who i can PM to change my name? I dont really think my old gamer tag is oppropiate anymore, lol.

Comment

PM one of the Admins -- Wired, Biggles77 or Daniel and they can do it for you
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

You gamer nick... was... "Cheater..."?! I bet that endeared you to your opponents.

Hope you do well on the Cisco certs. I've heard those can be intimidating. But they do set you apart...
              Wesley David
              LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
              -------------------------------
              Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
              Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
              Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
              Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Originally posted by Nonapeptide View Post
                You gamer nick... was... "Cheater..."?! I bet that endeared you to your opponents.

Hope you do well on the Cisco certs. I've heard those can be intimidating. But they do set you apart...
                Yeah, it sure did

As for the cisco certs, im heavily involved with cisco at the moment and have been over the past few yrs, so experiance in the field it getting really good.

So im looking forward to getting the certs out the way now.

Comment

Working...
                X