70-640 - What to do next to prepare?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70-640 - What to do next to prepare?

Hello everyone. I've made it through the Microsoft Press book for the 70-640 exam. I did almost all of the exercises (some just didn't work out). Now I'm trying to decide what to do next to prepare for the exam. I have a few ideas of my own but I'm looking for thoughts on these ideas. Here's what I have:

Go through all the exercises again from beginning to end.
    Go through the book again and memorize everything the authors suggested I should memorize.

Any other thoughts? I figure I'll definitely do the second one of these and might do the first. What do you all think?

Re: 70-640 - What to do next to prepare?

find some testpreps or exampreps and see how it goes.

book an exam so you have a set date to stick to, then review the areas you feel you may be weak.
    Grab one of the second-shot vouchers that are advertised on here at the moment and then use that code when you book it. If by some chance you don't pass the exam, you'll get a score sheet telling you which areas are stronger than others, allowing you to know which areas to focus additional study on, before sitting the test again using the second shot free of charge

hands on experience is also great as well..
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Thrasonic, I second techcamel's recommendations. I'll be a bit more specific and recommend using Transcender practice exams. They seem to have the best test questions -- and they're completely legal. They pay the big dollars to get good question writers, but you also pay for it. A 30-day online access package for the 70-640 is $89.99 USD.

As for the second shot vouchers that tehcamel mentioned, have a thorough read of this thread if you're in America or the U.K. This thread if you're in Israel. This thread if you're in the Netherlands. I may have some Saudi Arabia vouchers in the making since someone showed interest in that country recently.
      Wesley David
      LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
      -------------------------------
      Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
      Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
      Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
      Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

And the relevance of this is?
        (Never mind -- he's been banned as a spammer)
        Last edited by Ossian; 10th May 2010, 09:53.
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X