Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70-648 : how hard ?

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me how hard is the 648 exam ?
    I am planning on taking it next Friday morning.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by cyblog; 7th May 2010, 08:54.

Re: 70-648 : how hard ?

Er... shouldnt you have checked this sort of thing out BEFORE you book the exam
    What experience do you have?
    What training and preparation have you done?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

It's the hardest microsoft exam there is.
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
        It's the hardest microsoft exam there is.
        The motion sensing turrets were bad enough, but when the PC next to me turned into a Decepticon and starting hurtling grenades at me, I started wondering if I should have gone for a CCNA instead. I guess Microsoft got tired or being teased for easy exams??

cyblog, since it's an upgrade exam you'll be taking multiple exams in one sitting. You'll be taking the 70-640 and the 70-642 in succession. Hope you're up for it. I'd spend a few months training in a boxing ring before doing something like that. I did an upgrade exam once. Sucked. Won't do it again.
        Wesley David
        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
        -------------------------------
        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
        Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
        Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Thank's all about your inputs.

1) I believe in "self pressure preparation" : first pick a date and then start to learn
          2) I am learning with Microsoft Press book
          3) I understood from a friend that there are a lot of "ca" oriented questions
          4) I am working with Win 2008 and AD features and I've 5 years of Microsoft experience
          5) I guess I'll not sleep to much until Friday
          6) I will post here the score (please pray for me )

Comment

Originally posted by cyblog View Post
            1) I believe in "self pressure preparation" : first pick a date and then start to learn
            Actually, I like that method too. Keeps one from constantly saying "Yeah, someday..."

2) I am learning with Microsoft Press book
            It really is hard to go wrong with those. They come with free MeAsureUp exams and almost always match up nicely with the actual exam.

3) I understood from a friend that there are a lot of "ca" oriented questions
            Computer Associates? Conniving Anteaters? Curious Alice?

4) I am working with Win 2008 and AD features and I've 5 years of Microsoft experience
            Great! With some studying, you'll leave that exam behind in smoking wreckage.

5) I guess I'll not sleep to much until Friday
            Nah, just stay calm and you'll do fine. Funny, as worried as I can be, I've never really gotten upset over taking exams. I guess once you've done so many it's nothing special. However, maybe when I start taking Cisco exams...

6) I will post here the score (please pray for me )
            Done. Yes, let us know how it went!
            Wesley David
            LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
            Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
            Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide

Comment

Thank's to All

PS : CA = Certificate Authority

Comment

Took exam whilst suffering with raging tootache which got progressively worse as time went on. Bailed out 45 minutes early but was amazed to have missed by only a tiny margin on one of the modules. The other two were fine. However you need all three to get your "Diploma". Be aware that at least in my case there were several hyper-V questions which I have not used before.

Comment

I passed the test it this morning as scheduled (1000).

This is the easier exam I've ever took from Microsoft (I have no special credit of getting 1000).

No Labs at all. Only Multiple AQ with most of the time a single possible answer (in toher Microsoft exams, it is most of the time 2 or 3 possible realistic answers).

No Hyper-V, a lot of Certificate based questions, a couple of "sniffing" questions and some AD architecture problems.

Thank's to all for the help.

Comment

Congratulations!
                    An excellent score, much better than mine a couple of years ago
                    Mind you, I went into that one expecting to sit Exchange 2007 and the test centre made a slight goof
                    Tom Jones
                    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                    IT Trainer / Consultant
                    Ossian Ltd
                    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Great job cyblog! 1000 points is staggering... at least in my eyes. And as for you, agedmcse, taking exams with toothaches is never recommended. Not bad that you passed two out of three.
                      Wesley David
                      LinkedIn | Careers 2.0

Comment

well done buddy
                        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
                        X