No announcement yet.

Windows 7 70-680 Study Guide

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 70-680 Study Guide

Hi Guys

I hope this is the right place to post this, I'm looking for recomendations for a good study guide that will help me prepare for the 70-680 exam.

I've seen good and very bad reviews for the MS press book and the trainsignal pack isn't out yet so I was hoping you clever people would be able to point me in the right direction with books, etc that you used.

Re: Windows 7 70-680 Study Guide

I'm going to post my normal suggestion of MS Press (I've glanced through 70-680 and it looks on a par with others) plus Que Exam Cram (if one is out for this exam)

Any other publishers you have good experiences with?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

I haven't taken the exam, however, I've noticed that all MS Press books are stilted and dry. I think they have to be in order to pass muster. You may want to look into Sybex's book on the 70-680. It has decent reviews. I believe that Sybex has turned into a better product in the last few years.

Unfortunately, the amount of books out for this exam is slim so you have less to choose from.
      Wesley David
      LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
      Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
      Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
      Blog: || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
      Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow:

IME the MS Press books are quite variable in terms of readability and usefulness. I've used them for years, but there are some that are much better than others. It seems to depend on the author(s) as the Exchange 2007 and Server 2008 Upgrade books that we have in the office aren't great and are written by the same team, whereas ISA Server and various Server 2003 books that I've used in the past are much better.

It's all relative though, everybodys study needs are different.
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        Cruachan's Blog

Thanks for all the advice folks I'm going to go with the sybex book and I've just bought the transcender exam as well.

Think I'll take a walk up to waterstones in glasgow and see if they have the book in stock.