Just Booked First Microsoft Exam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Booked First Microsoft Exam

Well its been a long 6 years since doing my A+ and think it is about time to progress into the world of Microsoft Certs. Just booked my 83-640 exam for May 17th

Dont think much of the availability at prometric though I woke up this morning and said to myself I would do the exam next week, only to find out nothing left for April....tried to book the exam online 3 times only to get "Page Cannot Be Displayed" after putting my card details in.....arggggggh! By the time it worked all the appointments left for the first half of May were gone

Is this the norm when trying to book a little 4 hour exam....lol.
    Mark Couch
    A+, MCTS, MCITP(SA, EDA7)
    South Wales, UK.

Re: Just Booked First Microsoft Exam

Well... Good luck!!!
    MCITP:EST | MCTS | MCSE 2k3 | MCSA 2k3 | MCP
    A+ Core | ITIL-F

Comment

Which area of the world are you located in? Prometric's site is certainly flaky. It always times out at least a few times for me whenever I try to sign up for an exam. Just keep plugging away... it'll work eventually.
      Wesley David
      LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
      -------------------------------
      Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
      Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
      Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
      Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Hi Nonapeptide

I'm in the uk, closet testing centres are 40+ miles from me aswell.

The 83-640 exam seems to be one of the longest exams at 4 hours so it may be the hardest one to book I suppose.
        Mark Couch
        A+, MCTS, MCITP(SA, EDA7)
        South Wales, UK.

Comment

Most centres have problems with 4h exams as the staff (poor things) want a lunch break
          I had the same problem with something a year or so back
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

IME that's far from uncommon for Prometric's website. I'm in the fortunate position that my local test centre is only a mile down the road from the office, so I tend to phone them rather than use the website for rearranging appointments. Sadly for initial bookings you need to either use the website or phone Prometric directly.
            BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
            sigpic
            Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
            X