Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCNA vs MCSE

hi,

i would like to know which cert. more effective for the long term?
    i don't familiar with microsoft cert. i just know that every year the change the title

thanks,

If you are a scuba diving instructor then knowing how to skydive is going to be a lot of use in your job. MCSE is going to be of limited benifit if you are going to be configuring Cisco routers all day. Likewise, having a CCNA is of limited use if you administer Windows networks. However if you have a Windows network that connects using Cisco routers then both would be extremely useful.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

RE:

if i understood right, CCNA dealing more with Networks hardware (Cisco Routers)
      and MCSE deal with Microsoft environment

thanks for the answer...

Comment

Re: CCNA vs MCSE

In my opinion cisco cert have better reputation over microsoft. But I would still get ceritified in both, start with cisco you build a stronger foundation & you will be ready to tackle Micrsoft after that.

Comment

IMHO, it comes down to what you need to do (as Biggles has already said)

if you are working at the network level (switches, routers, vpns, firewalls) the Cisco is probably the most important, but that doesnt help you create a group policy for a cross-site OU....

On the other hand, as I found recently, all the Microsoft knowledge in the world doesnt help you configure a VPN on a PIX....

To say one has a better reputation over another takes away from the depth of knowledge and experience that is required to gain certs from either company and does not contribute anything to the discussion.

Also, why has a thread almost two years old suddenly been raked up? Does no-one check dates on posts anymore
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian
            IMHO, it comes down to what you need to do (as Biggles has already said)
            And said nearly 2 years ago.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Ossian, you are one rude person. Please get up on the right side of the bed sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kawadmin View Post
                Ossian, you are one rude person. Please get up on the right side of the bed sometimes.
                ? ? ?
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Kawa - I have never seen any member of this site's staff be rude to anyone; and Ossian has not been rude in this thread, not once. I suggest you learn to read or maybe learn to think twice before you post.

Tom
                  For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Originally posted by Kawadmin View Post
                    Congratulations Kawa, you have just exceeded your tolerance level. 6 posts in 11 months (and not one that ever helped anyone) and you have the gall to poke your nose into a thread that is NOT yours; a thread that has been hi-jacked by another member; a thread that is 2 years old and YOU insult a valued member and Moderator who gives up HIS free time to share his experience and assist others with their problems. If Tom wasn't such a tolerant person he would have given you an Infraction for breaking the Rules. If I do it, I will be too tempted to hit the ban button. Please post back with something stupid so I shall have a legit reason to invoke that action.
                    1 1 was a racehorse.
                    2 2 was 1 2.
                    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
                      Congratulations Kawa, you have just exceeded your tolerance level. 6 posts in 11 months (and not one that ever helped anyone) and you have the gall to poke your nose into a thread that is NOT yours; a thread that has been hi-jacked by another member; a thread that is 2 years old and YOU insult a valued member and Moderator who gives up HIS free time to share his experience and assist others with their problems. If Tom wasn't such a tolerant person he would have given you an Infraction for breaking the Rules. If I do it, I will be too tempted to hit the ban button. Please post back with something stupid so I shall have a legit reason to invoke that action.
                      I guess he is a assassin ..Hehe !!!
                      All in 1
                      Solaris,Linux & Windows admin + networking.

Comment

Working...
                      X