Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCITP-EA path

Hi,

I am just starting the MCITP path and have been studying for the 70-620 Configuring Windows Vista Client and feel I am ready to take the exam. I am wondering however if I should divert and take the 70-680 Windows 7 exam instead.

Or, does it really matter (in other words, in the end and employer is going to look at the overall MCITP-EA cert and not really care much about if I learned on Vista or Windows 7.

Please feel free to comment or 'vote'. Thanks for your input in advance! I just don't want to waste time / money if possible.
    Continue with 70-620 - Vista
    50.00%
    Go for 70-680 - Windows 7 Instead
    25.00%
    Take either, it won't matter in the long run.
    25.00%

Re: MCITP-EA path

If you're going for EA you shouldn't give too much attention to client operating systems. You want to design and administrator servers and networks. I would take the Vista exam to meet the requirement and move on to the core of the EA exam asap.

Btw employers don't look at the MCITP yet, they don't know what it is.

Comment

I would second Garen -- it is the server side that is important
      If you are ready for Vista, take it but if you want to study more, it doesnt matter which one you go for
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I agree, matters very little. An awful lot of companies have bypassed Vista so knowing some of the deployment scenarios is useful, but that has changed very little between 7 and Vista anyway.

And I also agree with Garen - very few employers know what an MCITP is yet. I've never yet seen one listed as a pre-req for a job but there are still loads of "MCSE/A tech wanted" etc.

I expect I'll be doing the upgrade and PRO exams first, and then do whichever client exam, most likely 7 as only one of our customers has any Vista clients and several are already looking at moving to 7.
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Thank you all for your input. That is what I was expecting to hear but just wanted to make sure.

Allen

Comment

Working...
          X