MCSA Studies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCSA Studies

I'm currently studying to obtain my MCSA. I've taken and passed the 070-270 exam.

I am looking for a site that hosts Windows Server 2003 Domain Controller just so that I can use it for studying purposes. As I study I would like to be able to actually perform the tasks myself to get a better understanding of aspects that I am not yet proficient in.

Know of any?

TIA
    GG

Knowledge isn't worth having unless you can share it with others.

Re: MCSA Studies

Hi GG
    Your best bet is Virtual PC and the Evaluation edition of Server 2003
    Alternatively Technet Plus ($249 IIRC) and you can download full copies for training and evaluation
    I know of commercial training sites that host virtual servers but they ain't cheap
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Also have a scout around and see if any family/friends/colleagues etc have a few year old desktop machine they no longer require. The Server 2003 Sysreqs are pretty basic by current standards, and a desktop will do fine for playing with. Most MS Press or MOC books come with a CD of the 180-day eval copy of Server 2003 as well.

Another option (What I did ) is get an old server very cheaply off ebay. I got an HP NetServer for 20 which I used.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Thank you both for your response.

I decided to go with VMware.
        GG

Knowledge isn't worth having unless you can share it with others.

Comment

Working...
        X