No announcement yet.

question regarding certs

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question regarding certs

hello guys i have a couple of questions
    i finished my first tests and acquired MCSA and now i have also found a job as a helpdesk in comverse

its really diffcult in israel to find anything above helpdesk for new people trying to fit in the market im looking for system administrator roles and im wondering

is it easier in lets say wherever you live so id be happy to hear what kind of certs and experience is required to start working where you guys live
    appreciate the help thanks

Re: question regarding certs

Are you saying that you just got your MCSA and you're new in the IT field? If so, then I wouldn't expect anything more than an entry level helpdesk\tech support position to start off with. You have to start at the bottom and work your way up, no matter where in the world you live.

The new MBA graduate does not get a CEO job right after graduating. It takes years of hard work and experience.

I would give yourself a couple of years in the trenches. Continue your education and build up experience. Then start looking for the sysadmin job.

I completely agree with Joeqwerty.
      Just start at the entry level and work you way up.

That's the same way I did 9 years ago.
      Technical Consultant

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
      "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
      "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Same as me.

I started on the helpdesk around 8 years ago and kept looking for work.

Got a job installing a new netowrk for primary schools in Scotland and haven't looked back since.

Same for me as well, got my first couple of MCPs and did several 6 month or so contracts doing First Line support and gradually worked my way up.
          BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
          Cruachan's Blog

Didn't start in a help desk or tech support position, but wish I had.

Was thrown into a position where a company needed a body to fill a position in order to get a contract. All I wanted was to get into the IT field, which I majored in. I guess at the time we were both getting what we wanted, but it wasn't a good career move in hindsight. I believe I would have gotten where I am a lot quicker had I entered at the ground floor.

Knowledge isn't worth having unless you can share it with others.

Definitely start at helpdesk/desktop support and move up. I started in a customer facing roll at a college years and years ago. Now working on 3rd line stuff trying to get a project. You will be a far more rounded techie starting at the bottom.