Passed 70-291; now on to the next one

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passed 70-291; now on to the next one

I passed my 70-291 today . It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be but about 2/3 of the questions were on DNS.

I think now I'm going to go for the client exam and take 70-620. Although, it might be easier to keep going with the core MCSE exams so take 70-293 next since there seems to be some overlap and all the knowledge is still fresh in my brain.

Re: Passed 70-291; now on to the next one

Congratulations
    293 is a good follow on -- as you say its overlapped a lot with 291
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Congrats.

Unless you're in a ruch to get to MCSA I'd agree that 293 is the logical follow on. There's loads more DNS, WINS and RRAS stuff in 293.

It would be nice if the Windows 7 option was available as a client exam for MCSE. They may do this as the MCSE is not going to retire. Many of our customers are looking at upgrading next year having skipped Vista altogether, which seems to be fairly common.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by aquadodo View Post
        I passed my 70-291 today . It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be but about 2/3 of the questions were on DNS.

I think now I'm going to go for the client exam and take 70-620. Although, it might be easier to keep going with the core MCSE exams so take 70-293 next since there seems to be some overlap and all the knowledge is still fresh in my brain.
        Congrads man! I would say go for the 293 next
        MCITP: EA

MCITP: SA

Comment

Well done Aquadodo,
          I'd personally go for the 293 as well before switching over to the client.
          Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Congrats!!

I am currently studying for 70-291 to complete my MCSA.

Comment

Thanks for the input everybody ; looks like I'll go with 70-293. I scheduled the exam in 2 weeks so it's back to studying again.

Cruachan - I was looking at the cert planner on the MCP site and Windows 7 counts as a client exam now. Looks like I'll be taking that eventually instead of Vista.

Good luck when you take your exam NikkiLav.

Comment

Originally posted by aquadodo View Post
                Thanks for the input everybody ; looks like I'll go with 70-293. I scheduled the exam in 2 weeks so it's back to studying again.

Cruachan - I was looking at the cert planner on the MCP site and Windows 7 counts as a client exam now. Looks like I'll be taking that eventually instead of Vista.

Good luck when you take your exam NikkiLav.
                Cool, I'll be doing that rather than Vista for my MCITP: EA as well. Still trying to convince my boss I should finish MCSE (293 and 298 to go!) before upgrading, his argument is we won't do any more 2K3 installs so why bother? Being so close after so long I want the MCSE though.
                BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
                sigpic
                Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by cruachan View Post
                  Still trying to convince my boss I should finish MCSE (293 and 298 to go!) before upgrading
                  I'm going to do the same. Got a couple of exams left for MCSE, I believe I'll be better placed for understanding and planning upgrades if I'm MCSE + MCITP:EA

Neil

Comment

Working...
                  X