No announcement yet.

Which way to go ?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which way to go ?

I wondered if you could give me some advice on taking the right track to acheive the microsoft exams, as after much research there is still no plain and simple answers. MSCE, MSP, MSCA 70-270, 70-291 the list goes on.
    In which order should i approach these exams, i dont work in the IT industruy, and although have a very good know knowledge of building computers, windows, microsoft apps i need to start acheiving the qualifications. Another thing is that i have to do this off my own back (self-study) while still holding down a full-time job, i've called a few training centeres but there all in the region of 2,000 plus, so ive decided to teach myself so any books, learning CD recomendations would be appreciated.

Also is it best to obtain these exams first

CompTIA A+ and Network+

A+ and Network+ are considered entry level. If you are not working in IT right now, this might be a good place to start. They will give you a solid foundation to build on. They can also be used as electives for the MCSA track.

You post list test numbers from the 2003 track. Assuming you want to go that route, suggest starting with 70-270. Then do 70-290 and 70-291. Those combined with your CompTIA certs, will give you your MCSA on 2003.

MCP to MCSA to MCSE

I would suggest a path where you write a to get your MCSA and then write three more and get your MCSE. Do the courses that make the most sense to what you want to do and what is of value in the area you wish to work in.

I'm working on my second go around of the MCSE, I was one once in NT 3.51, working towards an MCSA: Security first then enhancing that to get my MCSE.

I'm doing it in this order:

70-210, 70-215, 70-218, 70-214 (for the MCSA) then 70-217, 70-220, and 70-216 (for my MCSE in Win2k) and then finish off with the two upgrade exams to get MCSE in Win2k3.

Good luck with which ever route you decide to take. It's a lot of hard work but worth it in the end I think.

70-218 is Done!

I passed 70-218 yesterday with a 910! Three down and one to go for MCSA!!

Well done Great result.
            Departed: 23rd December 2015