MCSE2003 upgrade to MCITP Ent Ad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCSE2003 upgrade to MCITP Ent Ad

I am upgrading my MCSE2003 to MCITP Ent Admin done the course M6416, is there any point doing the course M6417 3 day course

Module 1 is just showing server roles and features... ie we don't add remove components any more
    mod 2 overview of iis 7 but is basically a marketing exercise to note that it scales better and more componentised
    mod 3 is the configuration files that make up iis 7... but really just mentions the heirarchy instead of what the acutal files do. most of this module is the smtp component from iis 6...
    mod 4 is troubleshooting using freb (failed request event buffer). Its a whole module using code to show what code you need in your html to capture errors, also using vb to recompile components to troubleshoot... everyone who does this module goes "what ?"
    mod 5 and 6 are just what sharepoint is about, how to install and that's pretty much it...
    mod 7 and 8 are terminal services... it's ok but not as heavy as the 6428 proper 3 days ts course.
    and Mod 9 is basic disks, dynamic disks, raid 0, 1 and 5, then 2 pages on iscsi

cigarman

Re: MCSE2003 upgrade to MCITP Ent Ad

Well, given you feel comfortable with it, maybe not - to each their own!!

How are you doing with practice tests?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      Well, given you feel comfortable with it, maybe not - to each their own!!

How are you doing with practice tests?
      Not done any yet, the MS6416 was a 5 day instructor led, I was never giving any measureups at end. I want to do some revisions on my course work and practical labs on Virtual machine before I am ready to think about exams. A lot of work project at the moment, just when ever I get a spare moment....

Comment

You can purchase the MSPress exam prep books and they will come with a MeasureUP CD that includes hundreds of practice exam questions. Quite a deal, I say.
        Wesley David
        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
        -------------------------------
        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
        Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
        Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

I use the mspress books and measureup tests to prepare for my tests and I have done fairly well when I take the actual exams.I'm started fresh though so I'm not sure about the upgrade exam practice tests but I would think that they are just as good as the ones for the 70-640,70-642, etc.
          MCITP: EA

MCITP: SA

Comment

yes I agreed the MS Press book are very ideal.

I used to do a "walkin" training with now busted company called "New Horizonsscotland" we purchased one years training and students can attend as often as they like Monday to Friday, you get the MS Course book and free exams that requires student to get 3 over 90% passes 3 consecutive times on Measureup. I managed to squeezed in all 7 courses for the MCSE2003 then take my time to revised and sit all the exams within 2 years. Since then done CCNA, CISCO ASA/PIX, CheckPoint and now working towards MCITP Ent Admin, I find I have to take approx 6 hours just to keep in touch with all the thing I've learned by skiming through some lab exercise and prargraphs, any good technigues to retain information?
            Cheers...

Comment

Originally posted by cigarman View Post
              yes I agreed the MS Press book are very ideal.

I used to do a "walkin" training with now busted company called "New Horizonsscotland"
              New horizons is prominent here in America. Looks like their British invasion was not so successful. Sounds like a great deal... but it must have been expensive. Wish I had a workplace that would make a deal like that.
              Originally posted by cigarman View Post
              any good technigues to retain information?
              Cheers...
              Retaining information for me requires practical experience and repetition. So, I like to read the material and actually do the practices. Sometimes I find it better to read real-life texts like the Resource Kits or an Unleashed series book and play with the technology. Then I go and use a Transcender exam to hone in on what specifically the exam wants. That's where the repetition comes in. I go over and over the questions and answers and read the explanations as to why the answers are right or wrong.

At least, that's what works for me. Your mileage may vary.
              Wesley David
              LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
              -------------------------------
              Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
              Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
              Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
              Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Originally posted by Nonapeptide View Post
                I go over and over the questions and answers and read the explanations as to why the answers are right or wrong.

At least, that's what works for me. Your mileage may vary.
                That seems to work with me too,, you know some people has the gift of going over it one time ans remembers it for good, how I wish I could have that.... I think I'll call these guys super human
                cheers

Comment

Working...
                X