Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

70-290, Conflicting Answers on same question.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70-290, Conflicting Answers on same question.

I figured A would make the most sense as you can do it from your desk. You could also remote in with B, but then you'd have to perform the restore 10 times.
    The source that says B doesn't cite any reasons. The source that says A says no to B because the question explicitly says "Least amount of administrative effort".
    I suppose they're both right, but it's just subjective to you're perception of effort. Is it easier to edit a script or walk through a restore 10 times?

Has anyone else come across an issue like this, where two sources have conflicting answers on the same question?

What do you guys think the answer is? It really doesn't matter which practice test is right, it just matters which one Microsoft agrees with.

After reviewing a few more answers, it seems most of the items I got wrong from source B, I actually got right on source A.

So I guess you should avoid "Pass4Sure" because there seem to be quite a few wrong answers, as well as some impossible ones.
    Last edited by Kayden; 5th August 2009, 23:04.

Re: 70-290, Conflicting Answers on same question.

Run here comes the braindump police!!!

Comment

?

The question is on two different exam testing softwares.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayden View Post
        I figured A would make the most sense as you can do it from your desk
        Because of the research you've done though, you already know that you can't script a restore operation with NTBackup. GUI only. This is pretty well documented.
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Also option A is on the client computer, which will not help restoring on the server
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
            Also option A is on the client computer, which will not help restoring on the server
            That's why it mentions the AT command. You can use that to schedule tasks on remote machines, however, I didn't know that you can't restore ntbackup from a script.

Comment

Working...
            X