Passed 70-647

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passed 70-647

One more Microsoft exam has been put to bed. This was my fourth of the year with a final goal of successfully passing six. I passed the exam this morning with a meager score of 730. I've never been keen on exams, either in school or professional life but a pass is a pass. This sets me one exam away from the MCITP:EA. Exam time and number of questions shall be withheld at the council of a certain Microsoft psychometrician named Liberty (hi Liberty!).

For my next trick, I may try to diversify and take the Security+ exam or maybe just plunge ahead and take the final exam for the MCITP:EA (the 70-643, for what it's worth).
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Re: Passed 70-647

Congrats! Even though everyone wants to pass with the highest score they can, a win by 1 or by 100 is a win.

Comment

Nice one Wesley.

Still waiting for me before you change the signature?
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by cruachan View Post
        Still waiting for me before you change the signature?
        I am, actually.
        Wesley David
        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide

Comment

Congratulations!
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

congrads man!
            MCITP: EA

MCITP: SA

Comment

Congratulations Wesley!
              If I was you I would finish the MCITP:EA
              Marcel
              Technical Consultant
              Netherlands
              http://www.phetios.com
              http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
              "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
              "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Originally posted by Dumber View Post
                Congratulations Wesley!
                If I was you I would finish the MCITP:EA
                Yeah, I'm torn between the desire to finally get away from Microsoft exams and the desire to finish yet another big certification. I've been going through the Transcender for the Security+ certification and am appalled at how easy and silly some of the questions are. Do people actually take this cert seriously? I keep asking myself: "What possible career boost could I get from this?" I wonder if this cert would have some part in setting my resume apart from someone else. I mean, it's still considered a security certification and it is also accepted as part of the security extension requirements for the MCSA/MCSE.

I dunno... $200+ seems awfully steep for this cert. If I was going to do a CompTIA exam I'd rather go for A+ or Linux+ now that I've seen what the Sec+ is like. We'll see what happens...
                Wesley David
                LinkedIn | Careers 2.0

Comment

Well, that matches my views on Sec+ -- it was a waste of time and I only took it because someone else was paying
                  Questions seemed (and still are from what you say) to be almost a joke
                  Tom Jones
                  MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                  X