Mcitp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mcitp

Well for anybody who remembers my first post, I was under going my MSCE, For reasons I wont go into I had to drop this and didn't get anywhere with it.

Now that work is taking its toll and I am in the right enviroment at work doing more or less the Cert I am after.

I will soon be starting my MCITP as work will contribute towards the cost.

Re: Mcitp

You'd be better off with gaining the MCSE first imo.

Comment

Isn't MCSE better than MCITP?

Comment

It depends on the technology you are using but as mentioned, take a MCSE course first. You then can take the additional exams to get MCITP 2008 Server credentials.

MCSE is based on 2003 technology and are skills still required.

There are other MCITP qualifications you can gain in other technologies as well such as Exchange 2007.

Comment

My main idea and reason behind MCITP is because I can gain this faster and with the financial crunch I want to do this first.

I understand that MCSE would be greater accepted in Job hunting.

My daily routine includes AD + Print + File servers using Windows 2008, we have a few 2003 but not to worried about gaining a cert for these as I can work my way around them with ease.

Comment

It depends how you want to study as well. If you already have experience, you may find you can self taught yourself. There are MCSE course books available from Microsoft and revision guides for the exams.

With regards to budget, compare the prices for an MCSE and MCITP course and then get your employee's approval. MCITP sounds relevant to your current job, so will be more likely for them to fund that course and you can fully justify it.

e.g. I did an instructor led MCSE course. I self taught myself the MCITP by reading books on the technology and using Virtual Machines. There are also Virtual Labs available on the Microsoft website.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
              Isn't MCSE better than MCITP?
              Its not that its better is simply more recognised in the field and amongst recruiters. Additionally the MSCE being older will give you more of a fundemtal understanding of the technologies in place currently than the MCITP which is still relatively new.

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
                It depends how you want to study as well. If you already have experience, you may find you can self taught yourself. There are MCSE course books available from Microsoft and revision guides for the exams.

With regards to budget, compare the prices for an MCSE and MCITP course and then get your employee's approval. MCITP sounds relevant to your current job, so will be more likely for them to fund that course and you can fully justify it.

e.g. I did an instructor led MCSE course. I self taught myself the MCITP by reading books on the technology and using Virtual Machines. There are also Virtual Labs available on the Microsoft website.
                I will continue with the MCITP as employer has granted this, I understand all your comments from all who posted but feel MCITP is better suited to me.

I am mostly self taught so its not a new thing and I can make use of our work VM for labs

Comment

Good luck with the course and keep us posted about your progress.

Comment

Will do and thanks for the support

Comment

Glad to help.

Comment

Working...
                      X