Passed 70-297; Add one more MCSE to the group

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passed 70-297; Add one more MCSE to the group

This morning I passed the 70-297 Active directory design exam. I've never worked for a place that utilized sites, mucked about with replication or was upgrading from NT 4 (I know... boring professional life, no? ) so much of my knowledge in those areas is theoretical. Having said that make it easier to understand why my score was 700 on the dot. Talk about cutting it close. Nonetheless, I am now a newly pressed Paper Tiger... I mean... MCSE 2003.

Next on the docket is working on the MCITP:Enterprise Administrator for which I'm two exams removed from. I'll probably take the 70-647 as my next exam. BTW, I had already passed many of the server 08 exams before earning the MCSE 2003 so the upgrade exam wouldn't be of much benefit to me. I'll probably be using my yummy Train Signal videos to prepare for that as well as the equally yummy Transcender exams (the vouchers for which was also gifted to me by Train Signal... woot!). I hope to get that done sometime in early August. Until then...
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Re: Passed 70-297; Add one more MCSE to the group

Congratulations, Nonapeptide

Very well done!
    Can you tell us the time and number of questions, and anything else you feel is not covered by the NDA?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Congrats and well done!

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
        Can you tell us the time and number of questions, and anything else you feel is not covered by the NDA?
        That's the sticky wicket. I've never been able to nail down what exactly is and is not okay to reveal. It seems that it depends on which MSFT person you speak with... much like issues involving more complicating licensing problems. I'm trying to find the contact info for someone that I met who works directly in the testing department. Maybe I can get some answers from her. (Liberty Munson, are you out there?)
        Wesley David
        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide

Comment

Never had any problem with "x questions in y minutes" but I know what you mean
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Nice work NP!
            BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
            sigpic
            Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Well done Nonapeptide!!
              Marcel
              Technical Consultant
              Netherlands
              http://www.phetios.com
              http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
              "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
              "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Well done Wesley,
                Will the long string of the signature now replace the poor little kitty??
                Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Congrats mate well done
                  Shadow2k - MCP, MCSA, MCSA:Security, MCSE, MCSE:Security, MCTSx8, MCITP:SA, MCITP:EA, MCITP:EDA, MCITP:VA, MCITP:EDST

Comment

Congrats.

Whats next on the agenda?

Michael
                    Michael Armstrong
                    www.m80arm.co.uk
                    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by m80arm View Post
                      Congrats.

Whats next on the agenda?

Michael
                      I'm studying for the 70-647 at this moment.
                      Wesley David
                      LinkedIn | Careers 2.0

Comment

Yesterday you couldn't spell Injunere and now you is one.

Congratulations Wesley and as suggested above, change the signature to reflect you newly hard earned status.
                        1 1 was a racehorse.
                        2 2 was 1 2.
                        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
                          Yesterday you couldn't spell Injunere and now you is one.

Congratulations Wesley and as suggested above, change the signature to reflect you newly hard earned status.
                          I'll do it as soon as cruachan does his. Maybe by then I'll have my MCITP:EA.
                          Wesley David
                          LinkedIn | Careers 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by Nonapeptide View Post
                            I'll do it as soon as cruachan does his. Maybe by then I'll have my MCITP:EA.
                            No pressure on me to pass 291 then.
                            BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
                            sigpic
                            Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
                            X