Passed 70-291

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passed 70-291

2nd Attempt - Passed today with a score of 921.

Its been 6 months since i last took this one, but now its time to get aload closed off

really happy as this ones been bugging me for a while.
    Shadow2k - MCP, MCSA, MCSA:Security, MCSE, MCSE:Security, MCTSx8, MCITP:SA, MCITP:EA, MCITP:EDA, MCITP:VA, MCITP:EDST

Re: Passed 70-291

Well done Cheater2K,
    Persistance pays in the end
    Respectable score as well.
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Well done
      Whats next?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi,
        Congradulations

All the best for the next step...!

Comment

Next is 70-270 - which im hoping to book for this friday 3rd july. But depends what my directors come back and say.

Ive been putting the XP one off for a while, as XP just bores me. Im fairly confident to walk into this exam with no revisions at all, but because i failed the 291 first, ive had my head stuck in the Ms Press Book.

After the 270, ill do the Vista so i can get my MCSA, ill then do the 293 and the 294 and an elective (not decided which yet) to get my MCSE 2003, i might do the messageing 2003, or go stright for the upgrades to 2008.

I havnt quite made my mind up yet.

(i also want to fit the exchange 2007 in somewhere, and the ccna and ccnp, lol, so im gonna be faily busy for a while)
          Shadow2k - MCP, MCSA, MCSA:Security, MCSE, MCSE:Security, MCTSx8, MCITP:SA, MCITP:EA, MCITP:EDA, MCITP:VA, MCITP:EDST

Comment

Why don't you book it sooner to take advantage of the Second shot. I think it runs out in a couple of days.
            Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Originally posted by Cheater2k View Post
              Next is 70-270 - which im hoping to book for this friday 3rd july. But depends what my directors come back and say.

Ive been putting the XP one off for a while, as XP just bores me. Im fairly confident to walk into this exam with no revisions at all, but because i failed the 291 first, ive had my head stuck in the Ms Press Book.

After the 270, ill do the Vista so i can get my MCSA, ill then do the 293 and the 294 and an elective (not decided which yet) to get my MCSE 2003, i might do the messageing 2003, or go stright for the upgrades to 2008.

I havnt quite made my mind up yet.

(i also want to fit the exchange 2007 in somewhere, and the ccna and ccnp, lol, so im gonna be faily busy for a while)
              Dont try and walk into ANY exam without doing revision. The 270 from what i remember isnt that dissimilar from the 290/291 but it WILL require you're full attention. To fail to prepare is to prepare to fail.

And take one step at a time. Its nice to be on a roll with exams but make sure you have the accompanying experience and knowledge then the dots start to add up. Remember certifcations are merely enabling tools that allow you to progress your career. They should be seen as nothing more than that.

Comment

Congrats.

What were the main topics you got E.g. DNS, DHCP, RRAS? Just idly curious, I'll be sitting it next time there's a lull at work, currectly scheduled for November 2011.
                BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
                sigpic
                Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by L4ndy View Post
                  Why don't you book it sooner to take advantage of the Second shot. I think it runs out in a couple of days.
                  I was hoping to do this on friday, but because i have a nice holiday to tenerife coming up my directors wont allow me to take the time off

Comment

Originally posted by scurlaruntings View Post
                    Dont try and walk into ANY exam without doing revision. The 270 from what i remember isnt that dissimilar from the 290/291 but it WILL require you're full attention. To fail to prepare is to prepare to fail.

And take one step at a time. Its nice to be on a roll with exams but make sure you have the accompanying experience and knowledge then the dots start to add up. Remember certifcations are merely enabling tools that allow you to progress your career. They should be seen as nothing more than that.
                    Thats why i said ive been stuck in the book because i failed the 291 first of all

Revisions is the key

Also 10 years on the job, im pretty sure i have the experiance - the reason im getting through my certs is for the pay rise which comes with both experiance and the peice of paper
                    Last edited by Shadow2k; 29th June 2009, 17:17.

Comment

Originally posted by cruachan View Post
                      Congrats.

What were the main topics you got E.g. DNS, DHCP, RRAS? Just idly curious, I'll be sitting it next time there's a lull at work, currectly scheduled for November 2011.
                      If im going to be honest, its was very well shared. all topics roughly 5 or 6 questions. And a simulation to do with DNS and mail mx records. It really didnt seem to focus on one topic over others.

Just glad its out the way

Comment

Nicely done Cheater. Enjoy the extra change in your pocket as a result of the new certifications.
                        Wesley David
                        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
                        -------------------------------
                        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
                        Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
                        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
                        Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Originally posted by Cheater2k View Post
                          the reason im getting through my certs is for the pay rise which comes with both experiance and the peice of paper
                          Thats the only reason why i ever did any certifications.

Comment

Thanks guys/gals

Comment

Congrats Cheater!
                              Marcel
                              Technical Consultant
                              Netherlands
                              http://www.phetios.com
                              http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                              "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                              "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Working...
                              X