Lab Setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lab Setup

Hello everyone I going for my 70-642 certification, and I am using Microsoft training kit 70-642 as my study guide. So the question is what vitalization software should I use for the labs I am torn between virtualBox and vmware workstation 6. Also what where some of your guys and gals setup for labs and studying for exams.

Re: Lab Setup

What about the free MS products -- VPC and VServer?
    If you are using the MS Training Kit they will talk you through a suitable lab setup in the first chapter
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

ya I was just woundering if that is the best product to use or if there is other options.

Comment

Microsoft Courses seem to use Virtual PC a lot. It's very simple and lets you focus on the practices instead of the virtualization software. Personally, I prefer VMWare Server 2.0. You mentioned VirtualBox, so is your host a Linux machine?
        Wesley David
        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
        -------------------------------
        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
        Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
        Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

no my host is windows 7 RC 1 but for some reason vmware server 2.0 dose not run properly on windows 7.

Comment

Yeah, for some strange reason I thought VirtualBox wasn't available on Windows. I'll have to check it out now...
            Wesley David
            LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
            -------------------------------
            Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
            Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
            Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
            Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Lab Setup

We have a lab and use a furminator on her during shedding season. Other than that the she gets a bath. That tends to take care of loose hair and the stinky waterproof oil around the neck.

Comment

Originally posted by medadvold View Post
                We have a lab and use a furminator on her during shedding season. Other than that the she gets a bath. That tends to take care of loose hair and the stinky waterproof oil around the neck.
                Er.... wrong set of forums, I think?
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                X