Passed 70-640

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passed 70-640

I passed the 70-640 just minutes ago with a score of 812. (I'm typing this on my iPhone in the testing center's "lobby"). That completes my MCITP:SA. Up next: most likely the 70-297 to finally finish my 2003 MCSE. I'm thinking of taking it on The second Thursday of May... Which incidentaly is the national day of prayer in America. Fitting.
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Re: Passed 70-640

Congrats on a job well done.

Comment

Good for you

Comment

Congratulations!
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Well done!
          BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
          sigpic
          Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Congrats Wes!
            Well done.
            Marcel
            Technical Consultant
            Netherlands
            http://www.phetios.com
            http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
            "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
            "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Congrats m8.

Comment

Good going and well done! Good luck with the remaining exam. I hated the design one. Very boring when taking it.

Comment

Thanks all for the congratulations. I should mention that my study resources for this exam were TrainSignal's Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Training set (I didn't get a chance to make it all the way through though), a few chapters from the 70-640 Exam Cram and about about 70 questions from the 70-640 Transcender practice exam (my exam date crept up on me before I could finish them all).

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
                  Good going and well done! Good luck with the remaining exam. I hated the design one. Very boring when taking it.
                  Yeah, I've heard unpleasant things about the design exams. I just loaded up an old set of MeasureUp practice exams to see what I'm in for. Yuck. So much reading. I'll have to figure out the best way to compartmentalize the case study. Should I read it all the way through first and then do the questions, skim it first and then read a question only yo go back for clarification or go for the questions first and seek the answers as needed from the case study text?
                  Wesley David
                  LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
                  Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
                  Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide

Comment

For case studies (at least old style ones as I upgraded...) my preferred approach was
                    Skim the case study (to get the gist of it)
                    Read all the questions & answers
                    Return to the info to focus on what I needed

Seemed to work for the 3 x design exams I've taken
                    Tom Jones
                    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                    IT Trainer / Consultant
                    Ossian Ltd
                    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

My approach was reading the questions first and then reading the passage of text (essay). That focused me on picking out the relevant information. You are often given a pen and paper in the exam, so I sometimes made notes. I then re-read the questions and started to answer them. I would then use my notes and re-read the passage to better ensure a relevant answer.

If I remember correctly, they section the exam. Once one section is done, it's completed and you can't go back to it and then your on to the next.

Comment

I know it's customary to share how many questions there were, how many questions were simulations and how long the exam was (and sometimes even broad suggestions like "Study up on the Mr. Fusion model 2446 and the Tricorder's interaction with Alpha Phase Photon Fields") but I've never been clear on where the line is drawn between legality and breaking the NDA. Is there any official word on this? I've never actually read the NDA word for word. I had considered giving those basics specs, but decided against it for now.
                        Wesley David
                        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0

Comment

Well done, my friend !!
                          Good luck with the next one!

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
                          -

Comment

Working...
                          X