My MCSE 2003 Track

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My MCSE 2003 Track

Iíve started the course this week & hopefully it will end in July 09.
    Iím going to update this thread from time to time or whenever I take an exam.
    Wish me good luck guys

Re: My MCSE 2003 Track

Good luck!
    Why not tell us a bit more about your existing experience and how you plan to take your MCSE -- 7 exams in 4 months is a good pace
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Good luck from me too, can you let us know what training materials you are using, if any, to help with the course. Any tit bits of info from the instructor would be appreciated as well.
      cheers
      Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by A.Z View Post
        Iíve started the course this week & hopefully it will end in July 09.
        Iím going to update this thread from time to time or whenever I take an exam.
        Wish me good luck guys
        To give us a good point of reference, what cerrtifications (if any) do you already have? Have you passed any Microsoft exams? What exams do you think you're going to take for your electives and design exam? Are you using self study or classroom courses? Is this a "bootcamp"?

Study hard, but don't forget to take a break once in a while so you don't "overtrain" (to borrow a bodybuilding term).
        Wesley David
        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
        -------------------------------
        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
        Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
        Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Another note as well, make sure that your studies are not just aimed at passing the required exams. Employees who see a candidate have certain qualifications will also expect the required skills. With now working for myself, I see some applying for positions that seem to have 'paper' MCSEs and with carrying out some real world scenario questions, it becomes obvious they are unable to apply the knowledge to every-day situations.

It is very important to gain the experience hands-on, be it through your everyday work or creating your own virtualised envronment.

Good luck with the studies.

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
            Another note as well, make sure that your studies are not just aimed at passing the required exams. [...]
            Exactly! A.Z, take a look at the following by job interview questions made by Daniel Petri and see if you can answer them. If you can't answer most of them (and not many can) do some research until you can. It's a great real-world self-assessment practice.
            Wesley David
            LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
            Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
            Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
              Good luck!
              Why not tell us a bit more about your existing experience and how you plan to take your MCSE -- 7 exams in 4 months is a good pace
              Thanks
              I have around 1 year of experience as a desktop support.
              Iím attending a 5 days class weekly for 4 months, 4 hours daily straight after work!
              I know itís a fast track but I had no other choice.
              Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
              Good luck from me too, can you let us know what training materials you are using, if any, to help with the course. Any tit bits of info from the instructor would be appreciated as well.
              Thank you, right now Iím using a book provided by the learning center called Microsoft Official Course 2273B for the 290.

Originally posted by Nonapeptide View Post
              To give us a good point of reference, what cerrtifications (if any) do you already have? Have you passed any Microsoft exams? What exams do you think you're going to take for your electives and design exam? Are you using self study or classroom courses? Is this a "bootcamp"?

Study hard, but don't forget to take a break once in a while so you don't "overtrain" (to borrow a bodybuilding term).
              I have bachelorís degree in computer science and during college days I took CCNA course but I didnít clear the exam yet!
              No i didnt take any Microsoft exam before, what i have in mind so far is to clear 290, 291, 270 or 260 plus 1 elective to get my MCSA and then decide which exams to clear.
              I'm attending classroom courses in an institute.
              Originally posted by Virtual View Post
              Another note as well, make sure that your studies are not just aimed at passing the required exams. Employees who see a candidate have certain qualifications will also expect the required skills. With now working for myself, I see some applying for positions that seem to have 'paper' MCSEs and with carrying out some real world scenario questions, it becomes obvious they are unable to apply the knowledge to every-day situations.

It is very important to gain the experience hands-on, be it through your everyday work or creating your own virtualised envronment.

Good luck with the studies.
              Yeah i understand what you are talking about.
              I went for the course because i'm going to apply the knowledge i gain at work & because i want to know more and become a professional.
              Thanks for the tip.

Originally posted by Nonapeptide View Post
              Exactly! A.Z, take a look at the following by job interview questions made by Daniel Petri and see if you can answer them. If you can't answer most of them (and not many can) do some research until you can. It's a great real-world self-assessment practice.
              • MCSE and System Administrator Job Interview Questions - Part 1 - Networking
              • MCSE and System Administrator Job Interview Questions - Part 2 - Active Directory
              • MCSE and System Administrator Job Interview Questions - Part 3 Ė Exchange
              • MCSE and System Administrator Job Interview Questions - Part 4 - PC Technician
              Thanks a lot for the links i'm gonna check them out and see

Comment

Iím attending a 5 days class weekly for 4 months, 4 hours daily straight after work!
                I know itís a fast track but I had no other choice.
                Wow. Sounds like quite a draining schedule. Keep at it and get plenty of sleep. I did something similar a few years back; working, taking classes and studying for/taking exams. Looking back, I'm not sure how I did it. Here's some advice, and you may already know this, but maybe someday someone will read this that doesn't know it yet: When your heavy workload is over, don't be afraid to take a week long break or even longer. It truly helps you to think better when you do get back to your work/study and prevents burnout. It's similar to the concept of overtraining in bodybuilding. Take a week off and go fishing or improve your golf game or whatever recreation you prefer. There's no reason to feel guilty for it.

I have bachelorís degree in computer science and during college days I took CCNA course but I didnít clear the exam yet!
                Sounds like you've already got a good base of understanding and formal qualification on your resume.

No i didnt take any Microsoft exam before, what i have in mind so far is to clear 290, 291, 270 or 260 plus 1 elective to get my MCSA and then decide which exams to clear.
                Sounds good! Let us know how your exams go!
                Wesley David
                LinkedIn | Careers 2.0

Comment

i took 70-290 exam last week & passed 964/1000

Going for 291 soon

Comment

Congratulations
                    Tom Jones
                    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                    IT Trainer / Consultant
                    Ossian Ltd
                    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Congrats Mate..

I did something like that a few years ago, and fell one exam short of my MCSA 2000 then got a job and never got that final exam, now that they have 'retired' that exam series I'm stuck with those 3x MCP's for now..

Also, as I did that when I was fresh out of High School, I took it way too easy and ended up making myself a partial 'Paper' MCP..

Since then I've worked in IT for 2 and a half years and now have the knowledge I should have had about 2 years ago..

So yeah, please make sure you put in the time and effort, because looking back, I wish I did..

DJ
                      Daniel John
                      A+, HDA, MCP (x3), VCP

"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't."

************************************************** **********************
                      ************************************************** **********************

Comment

passed all the exams & I'm MCSE but i'm very disappointed because Microsoft has stopped sending the certificate unless I pay for it.
                        It doesn't feel good at all. not receiving a certificate after paying this lump sump for the classes, books & exams.

Comment

passed all the exams & I'm MCSE but i'm very disappointed because Microsoft has stopped sending the certificate unless I pay for it.
                          It doesn't feel good at all. not receiving a certificate after paying this lump sump for the classes, books & exams.
                          Doesn't it feel good passing exams and saving the planet too?
                          BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
                          sigpic
                          Cruachan's Blog

Comment

But you can print out the digital certificate that you get, and with the aid of one of the many photo quality consumer printers and some nice paper you can have a better quality frame-able paper than the one the Microsoft themselves sent you.

I did find it funny that the very day that I passed my final exam for the MCSE was the very last day for paper certs. Of course, my passed exam didn't get processed until the next day so I was unable to get the last paper MCSE in the warehouse.
                            Wesley David
                            LinkedIn | Careers 2.0

Comment

You can fine few samples of URL REMOVED BY MOD in this link.

<MOD EDIT>
                              Look folks. We dont tolerate braindumps here.
                              If you post them (either live or static links), we WILL ban you for life
                              There's always some iD10T who posts links and gets banned within hours
                              To the next person with that idea
                              GO AND SPAM SOMEONE ELSES FORUM. WE DON'T WANT YOU HERE

oh... learn to spell. That should be "find a few samples"
                              </MOD EDIT>
                              Last edited by Ossian; 18th November 2009, 08:18.

Comment

Working...
                              X