No announcement yet.

Is Vista certification worth it?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Vista certification worth it?

I currently hold the MCDST (Windows XP) certification, which I achieved by passing 70-271 and 70-272.

As an MCDST, you can upgrade to the "Vista" version of MCDST (called MCTS: Windows Vista) by passing one exam, 70-621 "Upgrading Your MCDST Certification to MCITP Enterprise Support".

Given the negative general opinion on Windows Vista, the low rate of XP-to-Vista upgrades, and the release of Windows 7 by Q4 2009, is it worthwhile to achieve the MCTS Vista certification?

I am leaning towards "yes", because since Q1 2007, millions of PCs and laptops with Vista have been sold worldwide. Additionally, it seems like Vista and Windows 7 are going to be very similar, so chances are that what I learn about Vista will be totally or at least partially applicable to Windows 7.

Should I get Vista-certified this year, or wait and get Windows 7-certified next year? I do not think that my MCDST certification ever expires. What do you think? Thank you.
    Was that so hard?

Re: Is Vista certification worth it?

IMHO yes as it gives you MCTS, MCITP Enterprise Support and is a client exam for MCITP EA all in one
    Plus it is a fairly easy exam and as you say will give you a head start for Windows 7
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Is Vista certification worth it?

Vista exams will be a good 1.
      Vista has many features compare to XP/2000 Professional.
      I didnt know some Vista features before sitting for Vista exam.
      It's a good refresh exam to get hands on Vista.
      It's usually confusing which version of vista to buy. You should remember features of all Vista editions.
      Interesting exam how ever.
      All in 1
      Solaris,Linux & Windows admin + networking.