Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• labs/practicals

Hello,

i have a vmware setup of xp pro sp2, im using mspress as the course content, i was wondering if there was some sites that can give me step by step guides of doing additional labsm some procedures of doing some of the tasks.

Thanks for any information provided.

Best Regards

salv236
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder

Re: labs/practicals

What exam are you studying for? You can take a look at Microsoft's list of online Virtual Lab courses to get some ideas for creating your own lab scenarios. Each virtual lab has a detailed outline of what to do in the virtual environment. That might give you some ideas for setting up additional labs and tasks.
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

And don't forget our good friends at Train Signal. http://www.trainsignal.com/

Their Labs and Tutorials are second to none!!!
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Nonapeptide thanks for the info however there no virtual labs listed for the xp exam.

Currently i am going through some of the deployment tools bundled with xp ive covered file and settings transfer wizard and the user state migration tool.

Now i am going through the windows installer, using the msiexec command in xp and am attempting to using this tool to deploy an msi package to a user or all users advertising it whether local or on a network pc.

As well as some of the practicals in the mspress book i wanted to do some additional labs not in the book as a prime example msiexe there is theory but no practical and i wanted to see some of the tools in action.
        Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder

Comment

Originally posted by salv236 View Post
          Nonapeptide thanks for the info however there no virtual labs listed for the xp exam.
          Yes, Microsoft is snubbing their "older" technologies in favor of the newer ones. The types of things that you're studying seem so focused and hands-on oriented that I think you may have graduated from the realm of practice labs into the realm of simply reading the TechNet Library articles for the technology that interests you, designing the infrastructure for it, building it, trying to figure out why it doesn't work and then breaking it on purpose to figure out how to fix it all over again. At this level of your development, I think flying on your own (so to speak) might be a good idea. You sound quite advanced n your studies.
          Wesley David
          LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
          -------------------------------
          Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
          Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
          Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
          Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Working...
          X