Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will MCSA/MCSE expire when MCTS electives expire?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will MCSA/MCSE expire when MCTS electives expire?

There are certain MCTS exams that are also electives for MCSA/MCSE.

I plan to take Vista elective.

I would assume (and hope) that just because an MCTS certification expires, the fact that the exam was also used as an elective for MCSA or MCSE doesn't make the MCSA or MCSE expired.

Can anyone shed any light, confirm this at all?

Re: Will MCSA/MCSE expire when MCTS electives expire?

Originally posted by Dogbert View Post
    There are certain MCTS exams that are also electives for MCSA/MCSE.

I plan to take Vista elective.

I would assume (and hope) that just because an MCTS certification expires, the fact that the exam was also used as an elective for MCSA or MCSE doesn't make the MCSA or MCSE expired.

Can anyone shed any light, confirm this at all?
    No, MCSA and MCSE will not expire. The qualification will just become outdated as new ones appear such as MCITP. However, MCSE is the qualification most sort after by employees, depending on your line of work.

Comment

Thank you Virtual for the quick reply.

I am still a little concerned though say they Microsoft will actually remove MCTS certificates from when the exams expire.

My concern is if a the (Vista) certification is removed (when expired) will it not void other certificates its been attached to to create full credit in another certification? I know MCSE itself won't expire, but could one's own certificate become void if an attached Vista certificate is no longer shown after 3yrs+

Just don't want to follow a path thats gona be voided later

Comment

Your own won't expire. It will be just regarded as outdated. Should you require an expired an exam to achieve a certain qualification such as MCSE or MCITP, and for whatever reason no other exam will achieve it, then you will be unable to gain that full qualifcation.

Comment

Working...
        X