This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Braindumps"

Any regular exam taker will know all about braindumps but for those who are first timers you may not.

Basically, a braindump is a file that claims to contain real exam questions, answers and the correct answer. People (presumably with good memories) go in to a test and note things down afterwards (or a corrupt test centre allows a record to be made). The result is then sold from sites that promise guaranteed passes to exams

Braindumps are ILLEGAL:
    When you sit an exam, you agree a license agreement not to reveal any of the content

Braindumps are IMMORAL:
    They devalue certifications so people who study properly and pass on merit get treated the same as someone who has memorised some answers

Braindumps are FLAWED:
    If you are stupid enough to pay for "the real answers", how do you know you will get real questions, real answers and the correct answer?

This site does not tolerate:
    Requests for braindumps (warning or short ban issued, permanent ban for repeated requests)
    Offers of braindumps (permanent ban)
    Posts like "I just passed my xxxxx with 971 marks, couldnt have done it without using braindumpsite.com" (permanent ban)

For the avoidance of doubt:
    Sites like Transcender, Self Test Software and Measure Up are Microsoft Certified Practice Test Providers so are legally providing questions "similar" to those in the exams
    Last edited by Ossian; 6th March 2009, 09:18.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: "Braindumps"

Thanks for the clarification. Since I'm just getting started in this world of certifications, I had no idea what that term meant.

Comment

You are missing the whole point of the thread.

Practice tests (which is what I HOPE you are referring to) are perfectly legal, and should be used.
      They offer similar questions to the exams and good explanations of the correct (and incorrect) answers.

Braindumps promise actual exam questions, and are illegal. People will buy them, memorise answers and then sit the exam. For all the reasons above, this is WRONG
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

This thread might be suitable as a locked sticky... ?
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Nah, discussion is good, and any braindumpers WILL be nuked on sight

@Hero2 -- since Microsoft (and other companies) have said braindumpz are in breach of their license agreements, any perceived usefulness doesn't make them legal. We stick to the rules here hence the ban on them.

I have seen people who have high level certs (MCSE etc) and cannot deal with simple issues, and have talked to people who admit to memorising answers, so I know there are dodgy practices going on.
          Last edited by Ossian; 7th June 2011, 09:58.
          Tom Jones
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

Comment

Yes, I know each persons test is different, but there are still possibilities of cheating. For your information, refer to Microsofts policy on exams: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...-policies.aspx.

As far as memorisation goes, people can, and do, memorise a lot more than 3-400 possible exam questions.

The issue with braindumps is the sites promise to give you the "actual exam questions". If they offered "similar" ones, no-one would have an objection -- thats how Transcender etc. work
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

Hello,

What would be the most "moral" ones then?
              I see some special discounts on Self Test as per Labor Day and want to be sure i wont throw my money on the window. I mean, i have some materials to start with but also wanted some practice tests as well and not sure which website/course provider to follow exactly.
              Thanks.

Regards,

Comment

Please see the initial post and the link therein.
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

There are lot of braindumps sites out there make sure to be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by samulepuff View Post
                    There are lot of braindumps sites out there make sure to be safe.
                    Do you mean wear a condom when you visit those "unsafe" sites?
                    1 1 was a racehorse.
                    2 2 was 1 2.
                    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                    X