Took 70-284 and passed!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took 70-284 and passed!

I just sat the 70-284 today. I passed with my highest ever Microsoft score: 910.

Next up: Studying SBS 2008, but I'm not sure I'll take the 70-653. It doesn't do much for me at the moment and I'm not sure I want to spend the money on it. I think that since learning SBS 2008 is a combination of learning Server 2008 and Exchange 2007 I'll parlay that experience into the 70-236 (Exchange 2007) and the 70-640/647. Further bulletins as events warrant.
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Re: Took 70-284 and passed!

Well done Wesley!
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Nice one, congrats.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Congratulations
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Well done Wesley "Nonapeptide"
          What sort of questions did you get?
          Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Originally posted by L4ndy View Post
            What sort of questions did you get?
            Easy ones. The best kind.
            Wesley David
            LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
            Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
            Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide

Comment

Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by Nonapeptide View Post
                Easy ones. The best kind.
                I thought you went for 70-284 not the 70-565 one
                Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Good effort, Wes!
                  This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

Comment

Have browsed Petri for a while reading the wealth of knowledge, just joined and saw you've passed 284.

Thought I'd use my first post to say congrats!!

Did you get any questions on clustering? I got a HUGE amount on the one I took (and failed). Have it rebooked soon though

Congrats again

Cheers

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Marlon View Post
                      Thought I'd use my first post to say congrats!!

Did you get any questions on clustering? I got a HUGE amount on the one I took (and failed). Have it rebooked soon though
                      Thanks for the accolades. I'm not sure what I can and cannot say about the exam without breaking any rules. Just study a good prep book and take some practice exams and you'll be fine.
                      Wesley David
                      LinkedIn | Careers 2.0

Comment

Congratulations Wes. Lucky you had an eval version of Exchange laying around to make studying it a bit easier.

I hope we see more of you in the Messaging Software Forums now that you are considered an expert by Microsoft. Very good score, well done!!

How much do you figure the Train Signal Lab helped?
                        1 1 was a racehorse.
                        2 2 was 1 2.
                        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
                          Congratulations Wes. Lucky you had an eval version of Exchange laying around to make studying it a bit easier.
                          Yes, indeed. I found it in a basket on my doorstep. It was so adorable, I had to take it in and feed it.

I hope we see more of you in the Messaging Software Forums now that you are considered an expert by Microsoft. Very good score, well done!!
                          Standing next to Sembee? Talk about comparing molehills to mountains...

How much do you figure the Train Signal Lab helped?
                          The Train Signal vids were about 65 to 70% of the equation. Prior to that I had tried to read books (SAMS, Unleashed and Exam Cram) and had a hard time grasping some of the intricacies and the layers of connectors, routing groups, virtual servers, etc.. The videos made it all click... especially the part about public folders. I couldn't grasp the concept of the relationship between a public folder store and the default tree as well as the nature of custom trees (what is it with Microsoft and naming things after lumber?). I enjoyed the teacher and his Chicago accent. The sound recording was nice, no "popping p's" or "hissing s's". The final percentage was finished off by the Transcender exam that I was able to get because of the vouchers I received from Train Signal. Those were no joke and made me feel like an idiot... so much so that I pushed the exam back two days. I guess it all worked out.
                          Last edited by Nonapeptide; 27th February 2009, 04:58.
                          Wesley David
                          LinkedIn | Careers 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by Nonapeptide View Post
                            I just sat the 70-284 today. I passed with my highest ever Microsoft score: 910.

Next up: Studying SBS 2008, but I'm not sure I'll take the 70-653. It doesn't do much for me at the moment and I'm not sure I want to spend the money on it. I think that since learning SBS 2008 is a combination of learning Server 2008 and Exchange 2007 I'll parlay that experience into the 70-236 (Exchange 2007) and the 70-640/647. Further bulletins as events warrant.

good one.congrats. i have hust started my careeer and have ineterst in MS certification. i hav completed 3 papers . i want to do 70-284 can u give me the dumps

Comment

Originally posted by bkarthikkeyan View Post
                              good one.congrats. i have hust started my careeer and have ineterst in MS certification. i hav completed 3 papers . i want to do 70-284 can u give me the dumps
                              You'll need to search for the study material that nonapeptide has mentioned below. Not sure what you mean by 'dumps'. Practice exam questions are often included in training material and I believe Transcender is also a source of practice exams.

Comment

Working...
                              X