70-216 The best darn test out there... :-(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70-216 The best darn test out there... :-(

Im having a hard time with this exam any pointers for hands on mateiral. I have read the MOC for 70-216 2 times and still dont feel I know enough. I use, build, and destroy windows networks at least 2 times a week. I haven't had a problem with helping my clients or answering a question but I still have the test taking jitters.

Any thoughts?
    Brad Bentley

216 is quite hard, but still passable if you know your stuff. Cover the items found in the Cramsession guides, don't rely on the MOC coz it's simply not enough, scan over some Transcenders just to get a feel for the questions, do your RRAS, IPSEC, PKI, NAT, VPN, IIS (oh yes, IIS, although almost no info about it in the MOC...), know your DNS, DHCP, WINS, Subnetting, RIS, TS, and get done with it.

Good luck!
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Thats it? Wow I thought it was tougher. Awsome

Thanks
      Brad Bentley

Comment

i failed the exam... it was thougher then i thought. a lot of subnetting (not my strongest point).

now started over it again, and hopefully i will made it next time..
        Marcel
        Technical Consultant
        Netherlands
        http://www.phetios.com
        http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
        "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
        "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Dont assume you'll get piles of subnetting questions -- I didnt get one (after 2 days of practice...)

Know DNS, DHCP and WINS well, know subnetting and supernetting, and know RRAS (I got a lot of that)

AFAIK there is more and more security type questions coming into 216, so know your different authentication protocols and what talks to what

Good luck, and dont panic!

Tom

Tom Jones
          ICT Consultant
          Ossian-Total Solutions
          Scotland
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi bbently ;
            I think that you have trained enough ,but there are some tips and subjects that
            you can only find in tests , Specially Transcender & Testking .
            So try the TestKing for your last material and go for it !
            We are waiting to hear good news from you ...

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian
              Dont assume you'll get piles of subnetting questions -- I didnt get one (after 2 days of practice...)
              and i got 15 subnetting questions.. just make sure that you know how it works
              Marcel
              Technical Consultant
              Netherlands
              http://www.phetios.com
              http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
              "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
              "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

You can pass it easily

Actually I have gone for the exam a year ago and passed it very easily. You will find diffuclty in the subnetting if you are not accustomed to. I have studied subnettings from the CCNA course.
                I can provide you with some materials if still want it and for sure for free. You can find important stuff on mcsebraindumbs , it is really intersting.
                Best regards,
                Mostafa Itani

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                X