MS Certification Plans for 2009

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS Certification Plans for 2009

A chance for anyone (Marcel) interested to post their plans (and progress) for us all to wonder at...

Please edit your original post rather than adding update posts to keep the thread coherent.

PS, for Marcel, it will be his plans for January 2009
    Last edited by Ossian; 3rd January 2009, 09:43.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: MS Certification Plans for 2009

Ossian's plans for 2009:
    I would like to get at least 6 exams under my belt this year, filling in some gaps and adding new certifications.
    In no particular order:
    Filling in gaps in my certifications
    70-298 hence MCSE:Security (Server 2003)
    70-285 hence MCSE:Messaging (Server 2000 and 2003)

New certifications
    70-646 hence MCITP:Server Administrator
    70-237
    70-238 hence MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator
    70-431 hence MCTS: SQL Server 2005

Beyond that, I will be heading a project to implement an ERP/CRM system, almost certainly in MS Dynamics, so there will have to be some exams in that

I will keep you all updated in this thread....
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

For me, errr... Well... euhmmmmm... Don't know....

Well ok...
      70-351 ISA 2006
      70-646 MCITP:Server Administrator
      70-557 TS: Microsoft Forefront Client and Server, Configuration (well maybe.... but maybe not)

Cisco
      64-553 IINS - CCNA Security
      And after this maybe I continue with CCNP and/or CCSP

Other, maybe when I got lucky and I can convice my manager CEH...
      Marcel
      Technical Consultant
      Netherlands
      http://www.phetios.com
      http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
      "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
      "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

I currently have 70-270,290,294 and 284.

Planning to do:-
        70-351 Cos work want me to then
        70-291 to complete MCSA: Messaging

I then want to do:-
        70-293
        70-298 to complete my MCSE, maybe 299 as well to get MCSE: Security
        although work may want me to start doing MCITP: EA after I finish MCSA.

My company is chasing MS Gold Partner status so whatever certs my boss and I have to do to get that the quickest is what I'll be doing.
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

I am planning in the next 6 months:
          70-640
          70-642
          70-643
          So I'll have MCITP:EA at the end. Later in the year, more certifications, but not clear yet which.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
          -

Comment

My tentative plans:

70-284 (MCSA:Messaging)
            70-640 (Finish off MCITP:SA)
            70-297 (FINALLY finish my MCSE:2003)
            At least one of the three exam MCITP:EMA cert (70-236, 237, or 238-- the 236 seems most likely)
            At least one of the following two: 70-643, 70-647 (inching closer to the MCITP:EA)
            Any SBS 2008 exam that comes out
            Maybe Linux+ or RHCT just for fun.

So that seems like at least 6 exams for 2009. I think my record is 7 or 8 in one year. Hopefully I'll branch away from Microsoft at some point, hence the Linux cert hopes. I'd like a Cisco cert sometime as well, but my work projects are mostly MS-centric.
            Wesley David
            LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
            -------------------------------
            Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
            Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
            Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
            Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

I am planning to getting Forklift Certified. Does that count?
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Only if it is Forklift.NET or above
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
                  I am planning to getting Forklift Certified. Does that count?
                  It would bring a new meaning to the term "forklift migration".
                  Wesley David
                  LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
                  -------------------------------
                  Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
                  Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
                  Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
                  Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Migrate from IT into leisure work. Sick of working in schools (bloody demanding, 200 PC/notebooks, 6 Servers and 5.5 hours per week to look after it all) and now too old to get back into Corporate.
                    1 1 was a racehorse.
                    2 2 was 1 2.
                    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I worked in a school before. Never again. Kids today (yes, I am feeling old) are not nice to work with.

Anybody heard of a TV show called Modern Toss (was on Channel 4 a while back)? I'm reminded of one of their clips.

Nurse: "Hello, Accident & Emergency"
                      Woman with boy in a headlock: "This child you helped me give birth to is a f***ing nightmare. Just look at him."
                      Boy: "What?"

"Accident and Emergency"
                      "I got bored waiting for my stomach surgery, so I did it myself on the Internet. Think I've b*llocksed it right up. Argh"

Back on topic... my main aim for qualifications this year is the driving licence - been putting it off for years student loans don't stretch that far these days lol
                      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Ive got my MCSE MCSA:messaging, so just want to upgrade to MCITP:EA

I did plan to sit 70-649 just before xmas & was going to study heaps, but then I went on 4 weeks holiday........ & just ended up concentrating on beer & other things somehow.

So will sit 70-649 in Feb sometime, then onto 70-647. I already have the Vista 70-620, so 2 more for the 2008 upgrade really.

Then I dont know. Im tossing up between cisco & linux. I havent got much exposure to cisco stuff at all, so would like to demistify it a bit. But at the same time, we dont use any cisco gear at work. Its all web interface gui based routers & layer 3 switching. So, cisco might go to waste a bit unless I go elswhere.

We use linux a bit with our routers, voip, some client pc's & when I look at job ad's there seems to be an ever increasing appearance of "Linux server administrator needed" .

http://www.seek.com.au/users/apply/i...JobID=14723897

So, its obviously making some serious inroads.

Then there is Virtualisation. While I use it a bit, I have no cerifications on it & would like to get better at it, as it seems the way of the future.

I like that other Uk show from Channel 4 the IT Crowd & have often dreamed of that tape play back device they have.

End user calls & answering machine answers: "Hi, my computer doesnt work"
                        Answering machine : "Have you tried rebooting it?"
                        End user: "yes that didnt work"
                        Answering machine: "Is it plugged in? "
                        End user: "Oh thats got it , thanks."................

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=nXoTYE...eature=related

Comment

Ahh the IVR system. A lifesaver

"Hello, IT, have you tried turning it off and on again. Have you tried sticking it up your ****.

Ooh... yeah. Yeah I just realised that was my mother."
                          Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Ive shown the IT Crowd to friends & family who dont really work with computers that much & they stare blankly at it.

Anyone who works with computers usually get it & are wiping tears from their face in laughter.

Comment

I don't know which one they show in Australia - they remade it for broadcast in the US. But they did it in such a way that the audience would think it was a documentary not a comedy. Graham Linehan's humour is very easy to break if you try to mess with it. Who remembers Father Ted?
                              Gareth Howells

Comment

Working...
                              X