Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to use Use the Msiexec.exe program to perform an installation to a shared folder

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use Use the Msiexec.exe program to perform an installation to a shared folder

can anyaboy explain the correct answer of the bellow question to me :

Thanks in advance.

CONTENT REMOVED BY MODERATOR
    Last edited by JeremyW; 25th December 2008, 15:14.

Re: How to use Use the Msiexec.exe program to perform an installation to a shared fol

The answer is C.

Comment

Re: How to use Use the Msiexec.exe program to perform an installation to a shared fol

i thought the answer is C but in fact D is the correct answer and i don't know why .

Comment

Correct according to who. C and D are both *valid* answers - "correct" is subjective.
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
          Correct "correct" is subjective.

I know but in actual exams no one cares about subjective answers, any question has one exclusive answer.

Do u agree with me ?

Comment

My point was that either answer is correct in somebody's opinion - in this case the examiners'. Both options have their merits - without knowing what context the question is asked in, we can't really suggest which would be the best fit.
            Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

I'd read it as D is correct, because it assigns the application rather than advertises it to the users, but the question is not particularly well worded.
              BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
              sigpic
              Cruachan's Blog

Comment

The key to finding the correct answer is in the wording (as the proverbial light bulb goes on). The requirement is that the application be installed and answer C states that the application will be "advertised" to the users, therefore Answer C is incorrect. I was tripped up in thinking how I would "push" the application instead of focusing on the requirements put forth by the question.

Comment

You guys are forgetting that the answer in an exam is the way Microsoft would do it. Real world solutions can be something totally different to the answer options. So, what is the way Microsoft would solve this question?
                  1 1 was a racehorse.
                  2 2 was 1 2.
                  1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                  2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Applications can (in Microsoft Land) be "assigned" or "published"
                    There is no such thing as "advertising an application" therefore C is incorrect
                    (At least thats the way I read the answers)

Where is the question from (which practice test) so we can look for the commentary?
                    Tom Jones
                    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                    IT Trainer / Consultant
                    Ossian Ltd
                    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
                      Where is the question from (which practice test) so we can look for the commentary?

That was not in any practice test, i faced that in the actual 70-270 mcp exam about 4 days ago and the correct answer is A neither C nor D . !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Last edited by hamed89156; 25th December 2008, 11:19.

Comment

But A is incomplete. It could be correct if they told how they want to deploy it.
                        Making a Adminisrative installation is a good start, but still you need to do something to push it to the clients.
                        Marcel
                        Technical Consultant
                        Netherlands
                        http://www.phetios.com
                        http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                        "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                        "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

At any way , people sometimes fail because of these unknow problems.

Comment

Originally posted by hamed89156 View Post
                            That was not in any practice test, i faced that in the actual 70-270 mcp exam about 4 days ago and the correct answer is A neither C nor D . !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Did you agree to the NDA at the start of the test?
                            You should not be posting the exam question here -- and how do you know which answer is correct?

Topic reported before Microsoft see it!
                            Tom Jones
                            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                            IT Trainer / Consultant
                            Ossian Ltd
                            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

[quote=Ossian;140388]Did you agree to the NDA at the start of the test?
                              You should not be posting the exam question here -- and how do you know which answer is correct?

quote]

I know the NDA rules but the NDA Rules means to stop publishing exam questions for financial or cheating purpose like many websites that sell Braindumps.

But i have the right to examine what i did during exam to eliminate the mistakes for further future exams .

THE THING I DID IS NOTHING MORE THAN THAT.

Comment

Working...
                              X