70-620: Been there, done that ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70-620: Been there, done that ...

Only 871, but given the fact that it was my first cert exam ever, I'm bloody pleased!!
    Now it is clear for me that for the next exams I will need an WinServer 2008 machine (for this one I just relayed on my year-long Vista experience, but I still got simulations for things never used during the last year).
    Next bump: 70-640! Later on 70-642 and 70-643. I am preparing for MCITP:EA.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Re: 70-620: Been there, done that ...

Congrats mate, first one ever though... only 400 more to go
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
      only 400 more to go
      I know, the "Never ending story" !

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
      -

Comment

Congratulations
        Originally posted by sorinso View Post
        Only 871, but given the fact that it was my first cert exam ever, I'm bloody pleased!!
        Damn good score however you look at it
        (Mind you, 700 is a good score at times!)

If you have some spare cash (and your new MCP status may give you a discount), look at subscribing to Technet Plus and getting "not for commercial use" copies of almost every MS product

PS -- remember to alter your signature
        Want to tell us a bit about the exam (time, questions, ...) while its still fresh in your mind?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Well done mate!
          A bit surprised this is your first one though. I was under the impression you'd be right up there with your certs!
          Well, it goes to show that Knowledge and Certifications don't go hand in hand. Certs are more of a necessity than any indication of someone's knowledge.

Did you find this one easy? (Although the score says it all), what kind of questions?

Cheers
          Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
            look at subscribing to Technet Plus and getting "not for commercial use" copies of almost every MS product
            I'll look into it (although we have TechNet subscription at work - not mine, at the central IT department).
            remember to alter your signature
            I'll think of it
            Want to tell us a bit about the exam (time, questions, ...) while its still fresh in your mind?
            Well, I had 53 questions and 210 minutes to complete (). Finished it in 40
            There were few multiple choice, few simulations and most of them one-choice. I managed most simulations, but there was one or two that I had to guess what to do.
            Don't know what else I can say without breaking the NDA.
            Originally posted by L4ndy View Post
            Knowledge and Certifications don't go hand in hand. Certs are more of a necessity than any indication of someone's knowledge
            This is the reason I never did the exams, although I did attend the full MCSE 2003 course. The institution I work in doesn't give a damm about professional certifications, only academic degrees
            Last edited by sorinso; 15th December 2008, 20:02.

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

nice one sorinso. well done
              If the information you receive helps please let us know and leave reputation points where appropriate.

The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do. - Ted Nelson

Comment

Congrats Sorin!
                Well done and good luck with the next one.
                When are you planning to take the exam?
                Marcel
                Technical Consultant
                Netherlands
                http://www.phetios.com
                http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Nicely done Sorin... and your first one too! Of course, now you'll be hopelessly addicted to exams and certs. There's no 12-step program either, but that's okay because we can quit anytime we want.
                  Last edited by Nonapeptide; 15th December 2008, 23:27. Reason: misuse of a contraction
                  Wesley David
                  LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
                  -------------------------------
                  Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
                  Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
                  Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
                  Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Originally posted by Nonapeptide View Post
                    Nicely done Sorin... and you're first too! Of course, now you'll be hopelessly addicted to exams and certs. There's no 12-step program either, but that's okay because we can quit anytime we want.
                    I'd love to say I can. My company is chasing Gold Partner status and my cert roadmap is planned until Windows Server 2020 comes out.

Congrats Sorin, it's a great feeling to get the first one.
                    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
                    sigpic
                    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

210 minutes but finished in 40. Not too shabby at all!!!
                      1 1 was a racehorse.
                      2 2 was 1 2.
                      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thanks, guys
                        Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
                        210 minutes but finished in 40
                        I won't consider that an achievement... I cannot see how anyone can get even close to the one-hour mark in this exam, less three-and-a-half hours...
                        Originally posted by dumber View Post
                        When are you planning to take the exam?
                        Don't know yet, but I'll have to take it soon. I'll start teaching, so I have to take the exams before class...

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

What study materials have you / will you use(d)?
                          Tom Jones
                          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                          IT Trainer / Consultant
                          Ossian Ltd
                          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

What study materials have you / will you use(d)?
                            I have the MOCs ...
                            I checked certification sites and forums (what do you know, this one also ) about what people have to say about the exam.
                            I have Train Signal's videos (great stuff, it's much easier for me to watch a video than to read the MOCs)...
                            And of course, my work computer that Vista runs on it in a domain environment for almost a year now...
                            Next exam is 70-640, for which I have the TrainSignal videos. They come with Transcender exams also, so I will use them.

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

And don't forget our good friends at REMOVED for all your shopping needs.

Now let's see who edits this post first.
                              Last edited by biggles77; 16th December 2008, 22:29.
                              1 1 was a racehorse.
                              2 2 was 1 2.
                              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                              X