70-282 (and no signature change)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70-282 (and no signature change)

Well, I've had this on my "to do" list for a couple of years now, so I finally sat 70-282 (Designing, Deploying and Managing a Network Solution for a Small and Medium-sized Business)

Contrary to popular rumour, UTFW does not feature as a valid answer (well, not in those words, anyway) and it is not quite all SBS based, but there is a good chance that any answer involving an SBS Wizard will be correct

There are some about migrating up from SBS and one where the obvious answer looked like SBS until you spotted it was for more users than SBS supports

Exam: 66 questions, 190 minutes but 10 questions (and up to 20 mins) were a survey of your experience with the product and each of the exam areas. I wondered if putting "very good knowledge" for all of them would affect the real questions I got but I did so anyway. Real exam was 56 questions in the remainder of the time, so approx 189 minutes

A couple of drag and drop questions but the majority were standard multiple choice. All the "tick box" ones told you how many answers were required rather than "tick all that apply"

The only thing I would say is to have a bit of a knowledge of router port forwarding and ISP DNS settings than your average MS-only exam

Study materials:
    General knowledge of Server 2003 and SBS
    A quick whiz through the Self Test Software exam

Oh, and I got 962 in just over 30 mins
    Last edited by Ossian; 16th December 2008, 08:17.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: 70-282 (and no signature change)

Well done Ossian, another feather in you Cap.

Is there anything left out there for you to do?
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Damn, missed one....
      Split into "Got a Clue?" thread in coffee lounge
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I'm just too fast for you

Well done on the exam though
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

I sat this exam some time ago. It doesn't seem to be that popular an elective. Shame as its quite a good exam of which i scored quite highly and was contacted by MS as a result to recommend exam content. I'm not sure if theres an equivalent for SBS 2008 yet but that would also be exam i would like to sit.

Comment

Congrats Tom!
            I think I missed this one
            Marcel
            Technical Consultant
            Netherlands
            http://www.phetios.com
            http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
            "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
            "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Thanks, Marcel and Scularuntings
              Tom Jones
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

Comment

Working...
              X