Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCSE2000 Cert Question

Hi all,

i have passed 5 exams out of 7 for the mcse2000 cert (back in 2002)
    i was wondering if i can still take the missing exams in order to complete my certification

i took the following exams:

220 Designing Security for a Microsoft® Windows® 2000 Network

216 Implementing and Administering a Microsoft® Windows® 2000 Network Infrastructure

217 Implementing and Administering a Microsoft® Windows® 2000 Directory Services Infrastructure

215 Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft® Windows® 2000 Server

210 Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft® Windows® 2000 Professional

does anybody know which exams shuld i take in order to complete my certification?

thank you in advance

Shai.

Re: MCSE2000 Cert Question

MCSE for Windows 2000 Server has gone bye-bye I'm afraid. Even the upgrade exams for 2000->2003 have been discontinued by Microsoft.

You can use 70-210 as your client OS exam to go for an MCSA or MCSE in Windows Server 2003. That means 3 or 6 exams depending on which you want to go for. The alternative of course is to jump straight to Windows Server 2008 certification, check www.microsoft.com/learning for full details on that as there are loads of options.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

I won't swear to it now, but when I did my 2003 MCSE, the 2000 Design exam counted (70-220 in this case) for the 2003 track. This was quite some time ago, though.
      So it may be 5 exams only
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
        I won't swear to it now, but when I did my 2003 MCSE, the 2000 Design exam counted (70-220 in this case) for the 2003 track. This was quite some time ago, though.
        So it may be 5 exams only
        According to MS that exam retired in March, so I doubt it could still be used. You never know though, my boss has what MS still consider to be a valid MCSE and the last client OS exam he did was NT4!
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
        X