Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed about certification path

,,,Hello all,

I'm new () to this site and looking forward to being a part of an active bunch. So. I'll begin with a question: I've been away from the IT field for about three-four years. I'm starting over, same ole story, tried some other things, they didn't work out. In the past I certified as a CCNA and CCNP, and Microsoft Windows 2000 (MCSE), (MCSA), and CompTIA A+. I'd appreciate any advice on where to begin at this late date with the changes going on with the Windows environments. I never did the upgrade to Windows 2003. Also I have an interest in the Windows SBS. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks to all,
    Ken

Re: Advice needed about certification path

Well, I'm afraid you're a few months too late to upgrade 2000 to 2003, so its all four (or seven) exams if you want to follow that path.

Alternatively there is the Server 2008 (MCITP) pathway, with 5 exams IIRC

For SBS, you have 70-282, a standalone exam
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Advice needed about certification path

Thanks Ossian, your confirmation is appreciated. The challenge lies ahead.

Comment

Working...
      X