Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does MCSA involve (split from Good Source to Study From)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does MCSA involve (split from Good Source to Study From)

Hello, people!
    i am new here and i don't know much about the site, but i hope someone will help me.
    I found this discussion that became very useful for me.
    For a week now i am trying to find in the internet list of all the exams or all the themes that i need to pass to get an MCSA diploma.

If somebody can give me the list or the source where i can get this information and it would be perfectly if i could dowload the books either.
    thank you very much!!!

Re: Good source to study from

Originally posted by Anya View Post
    Hello, people!
    i am new here and i don't know much about the site, but i hope someone will help me.
    I found this discussion that became very useful for me.
    For a week now i am trying to find in the internet list of all the exams or all the themes that i need to pass to get an MCSA diploma.

If somebody can give me the list or the source where i can get this information and it would be perfectly if i could dowload the books either.
    thank you very much!!!
    Hello Anya! If ever you have a new question it is generally better to start a new thread rather than posting to an old one. Nonetheless, here's an answer to your question about the required MCSA tests:

http://www.google.com/search?q=mcsa

Through those links you'll find the various exams that you need to pass to get your base MCSA as well as your messaging or security extensions. As far as what texts to use to study from Amazon is probably your best resource. Search for the exam numbers and then read book reviews to find the best one out there. I usually like MS Press because they give you loads of MeasureUP exams, but I'm currently reading a McGraw Hill book for the 70-431 exam (SQL Server administration) and am very impressed by the writing and the resources on the CD. Do some research and you'll be fine.
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Re: Good source to study from

Originally posted by Nonapeptide View Post
      Hello Anya! If ever you have a new question it is generally better to start a new thread rather than posting to an old one.
      Absolutely right!
      Split to new thread....

At risk of repeating nonapeptides link, the MCSA involves four exams:

Client Operating System: Windows XP (70-270) or Vista (70-620)
      Server 2003 (70-290)
      Networking (70-291), aka "the beast"
      An elective exam from a wide range of choices

Most people seem to take them in that order, but it is up to you

Books tend to be paper based, but I believe MS will sell you e-book versions if required. As noted, there are a range of resources and everyone has their preferences, mine being a combination:
      • Microsoft Self Paced Training Kit
      • Exam Cram

for each exam

Good Luck!
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
      X